Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in 4AAAA

Blaze45

14 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I don't expect any gimme's at this point. Raider team showed they can play with anyone....when they put Coffee Co away. Blaze can't have the turnovers and have to crash the boards and their shooting has to be spot on .  I expect a good one. Would love to see and meet any of the coach t fans that should happen to come out 

Blackman played a great game after a slow start. Congrats to the Lady Blaze, that’s a great team. Cleveland had a heck of a season and should be proud of themselves. Going to miss watching this group of seniors.

11 hours ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Blackman played a great game after a slow start. Congrats to the Lady Blaze, that’s a great team. Cleveland had a heck of a season and should be proud of themselves. Going to miss watching this group of seniors.

Lady Raiders had Blaze's number early on. They are a heck of a team and played a great game. Congrats ona great season and getting beyond where many folks you could go!!!

Cookeville is a formidable opponent but I am not sure from a speed perspective how each team matches up. It seems like we are getting hit with a 1-2 punch coming right out of the gate. I am sure Coach Grandstaff will have the blaze prepared and focusing 1 game at a time. If we don't get past this one, the next one really doesn't matter. I watched Cookeville footage on NFHS  kinda hard to get a read on them, other than they are great from outside the 3pt line 

16 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Cookeville is a formidable opponent but I am not sure from a speed perspective how each team matches up. It seems like we are getting hit with a 1-2 punch coming right out of the gate. I am sure Coach Grandstaff will have the blaze prepared and focusing 1 game at a time. If we don't get past this one, the next one really doesn't matter. I watched Cookeville footage on NFHS  kinda hard to get a read on them, other than they are great from outside the 3pt line 

It’s a good matchup.   I am sure both teams would have picked a different first round  opponent but they will be ready.  After facing each other twice already, they both know what’s coming.  IMO it’s a 5-6 Pt game either way on most nights.  Speed wise the Blaze have the edge.  But Cookeville is a very good defensive team.  They play man D without a lot of help and make you make tough shots.  They mix in a Full or 3/4 court press to change the flow of the game sometimes but mainly a man to man defense.   They have excellent rebounding guards and are rarely out rebounded in a game.  Garcia has been the difference maker over the last month.  If she can be a force offensively in the paint,  I like our chances.  But the sharp shooters could change the game on any night.  The Cavs have multiple shooters but they can’t afford a cold shooting night like the last game they played in the glass house.   In the most recent matchup with the Blaze, Cookeville shut down Monson (5 pts, 1-7 FG).  They will need to do that again.   Looking forward to round 3.  Should be a dandy.  

30 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

It’s a good matchup.   I am sure both teams would have picked a different first round  opponent but they will be ready.  After facing each other twice already, they both know what’s coming.  IMO it’s a 5-6 Pt game either way on most nights.  Speed wise the Blaze have the edge.  But Cookeville is a very good defensive team.  They play man D without a lot of help and make you make tough shots.  They mix in a Full or 3/4 court press to change the flow of the game sometimes but mainly a man to man defense.   They have excellent rebounding guards and are rarely out rebounded in a game.  Garcia has been the difference maker over the last month.  If she can be a force offensively in the paint,  I like our chances.  But the sharp shooters could change the game on any night.  The Cavs have multiple shooters but they can’t afford a cold shooting night like the last game they played in the glass house.   In the most recent matchup with the Blaze, Cookeville shut down Monson (5 pts, 1-7 FG).  They will need to do that again.   Looking forward to round 3.  Should be a dandy.  

Its a shame its a first round match up.

22 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

If I remember right the last game they played we were missing the starting guard Kaelyn Flowers....I know she has made a difference since her return  averaging 12 pts  and 3 rebounds per game. That has really helped to open the floor up and bring more dimension to the offense. Not likely but I would like to see a repeat of game one.... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

If I remember right the last game they played we were missing the starting guard Kaelyn Flowers....I know she has made a difference since her return  averaging 12 pts  and 3 rebounds per game. That has really helped to open the floor up and bring more dimension to the offense. Not likely but I would like to see a repeat of game one.... 

Kaelyn is a difference maker.