TSSAA how blind is your blind draw lol. I seen a very potential championship games in the 1st round. What are y’all’s thoughts?

HawkGuy06

3 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Agreed!

You said earlier us AP voter "fat guys" didn't know anything. Make up your mind. I'm not in favor of any seeding unless a quantitative system is developed that would include out of state opponents. I just want the draw to at least be zoomed to the coaches. I don't have to see it live but they should.

Edited by NWhoopaholic
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bkbfan4ever said:

There is a better way.  Rotate the substate winners every year.  No west vs west, east vs East or middle vs Middle.  Yes sometimes it will mean that the two best teams play each other in the first round but at least you will know who you might play before your substate game   Preparation time currently for first round is limited 

they did this back in 99-00 with the original version of the Sub-State play, where winners of each substate played as the as you look at the bracket 1, 3, 5 and 7 position and the losers of each played in the 2, 4, 6 and 8 and it rotated who played who with the only rule being that the same sub state reps couldn't play eachother until the finals at earliest; they dropped the format for "unknown reasons" after the 2000 season

12 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

You said earlier us AP voter "fat guys" didn't know anything. Make up your mind. I'm not in favor of any seeding unless a quantitative system is developed that would include out of state opponents. I just want the draw to at least be zoomed to the coaches. I don't have to see it live but they should.

I agree. They ought to know that people would complain about a hidden method. 

8 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

How about this @tssaa we all say that the rankings mean nothing during the regular season! Let’s change that asap! Let’s use the state rankings as seeding slots instead of these “blind draws” that isn’t too blind. 

If you work hard all year & be ranked #1 & your reward is playing the #2 team in the state. They should be on opposite brackets. If you wasn’t ranked, you would be one of the lower seeds. Use the final ranking for example 

#1 SS vs #8 Dyer County 

#3 LA vs #5 Greenville 

#2 Upperman vs #7 Dyersburg 

#4 Elizabethton vs #5 Gibson County 

I would promise you that TSSAA would definitely fill them stands up! The city of Murfreesboro will be ridiculous! Hotels & restaurants would be full Tuesday through Saturday or Sunday! Let’s make basketball great again 

Yes one thing I know for sure is that Southside fans going to support there team

8 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

What they should donis seeded tournament. Bearden woukd be playing the lowest ranked team in state,  brsdley 2nd lowest etc,  do the tournament based on state rankinf according to unapproved website. Thst 17-16 team would be the 8 seed. Should be cookeville,  blackman,  bradley and bearden playing inferior opponents 

How do you seed them? You don’t think Blackman, Bartlett or Cookeville would like a claim to that 1 seed that you are passing out to Bearden? 

46 minutes ago, toolegit said:

How do you seed them? You don’t think Blackman, Bartlett or Cookeville would like a claim to that 1 seed that you are passing out to Bearden? 

I mean they are the defending champs and haven’t lost a game in how long now?  Until anyone beats them they are the champs and the favorite 

Seed by region in advance (note a regional winner is upset in a substate game then the road team assumes that position)

Game 1

1 vs 5

Game 2

4 vs 8

Game 3

6 vs 2

Game 4

7 vs 3

That still prevents any District/regional teams from meeting until the championship game plus players/coaches/fans ect know when, who and where all the games will be in advance

using my format

it would be

Elizabethton vs South Gibson

Upperman vs Dyer Co

Livingston vs Dyersburg

Greeneville vs Jackson SS

Edited by Khall555

There's simply not going to be a perfect way to execute this plan. I do understand there are some frustration, but no one is going to be happy whether if we do this process or if we do it through a computer metric system.  With that being said, I do like Upperman in AAA. Have a feeling it'll be their tournament.

• Like 1