TSSAA how blind is your blind draw lol. I seen a very potential championship games in the 1st round. What are y’all’s thoughts?

HawkGuy06

16 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

There is no reason this shouldn’t happen. There is no pandemic anymore. 

Agree. I think the blind draw is the way to go but it should’nt be a closed door blind draw. Nothing good comes from it except questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nolesfan said:

A true blind draw would be fine. Just hard to believe this tournament was a blind draw! These brackets do not look like a blind draw!

I apologize beforehand, but I don't understand the last sentence of your post. It's a blind draw, it doesn't "look" like ANYTHING. It's blind. 

It's completely random (aside from Region teams being placed on opposite sides.) That's kinda like saying the winning PowerBall drawing doesn't "look" like a winning ticket.

That said, I'll echo others that it should be live streamed. No sense MAKING a coach/AD drive 10 hours round trip to pick a name out of a hat. 

Edited by crazzyness

12 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

I apologize beforehand, but I don't understand the last sentence of your post. It's a blind draw, it doesn't "look" like ANYTHING. It's blind. 

It's completely random (aside from Region teams being placed on opposite sides.) That's kinda like saying the winning PowerBall drawing doesn't "look" like a winning ticket.

That said, I'll echo others that it should be live streamed. No sense MAKING a coach/AD drive 10 hours round trip to pick a name out of a hat. 

Yeah live stream would also make it less shady.

On 3/6/2023 at 10:01 PM, pioneer42 said:

Refs call for whose got  momentum at the Glass House and always have. We have had a few bad officials but West Tennessee has some good one’s but they won’t be there and it is a shame they won’t. I don’t know where they get these guys up there. 

The southern part of West TN has good officials, but I heard the northern part is pretty bad. Luckily, I was told the southern part (like the Jackson officials) service Gibson County

6 hours ago, Greenecounty said:

The “throwing 3 refs together” has been terrible.  First 2 days have had inconsistent calls by referees.  TSSAA needs to go back to bringing “crews” in - refs that have worked together all hear.  The Bradley vs Bearden game had almost 25 fouls in the first half.  Crazy.

Agreed, I wouldn't mind changing it up a little bit. Maybe each association from I-65 and West call the girls tournament, the association from I-65 and East call the boys tournament. I don't know how they're doing it, but I don't want 3 random officials who haven't worked a game together/don't know each other, call a single elimination tournament with lots at stake.

3 minutes ago, 1983 said:

How about you have 4 teams from east side of bracket matched up with the four teams from west side in first round?  You can do a blind draw and see who gets matched up with who.

No, this is also wrong, even though Dyer County/South Gibson played each as well Gibson County/Riverside will tomorrow. I just don't want South Gibson/South Side's season to end if they were to meet up in the first round. They played each other in district and region tournaments, for them to meet up in Murfreesboro and play each other again, and for one of their seasons to end, is not fun and fair for the players. At least end their season by playing another opponent.

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

No, this is also wrong, even though Dyer County/South Gibson played each as well Gibson County/Riverside will tomorrow. I just don't want South Gibson/South Side's season to end if they were to meet up in the first round. They played each other in district and region tournaments, for them to meet up in Murfreesboro and play each other again, and for one of their seasons to end, is not fun and fair for the players. At least end their season by playing another opponent.

That’s what I mean, nobody from the west plays a team from west in opening round.  They should all be matched up with an east opponent in first round.

10 minutes ago, 1983 said:

That’s what I mean, nobody from the west plays a team from west in opening round.  They should all be matched up with an east opponent in first round.

Lot of West TN teams have already been across the river in hostile environments to get to state. You got teams in West now that are posing as Middle TN teams. Gibson County, Westview, South Side and South Gibson are Middle TN teams. We play Middle TN to get to state. If you are in Region with a team you shouldn’t have to play. But other than that it should all be fair game. 

Edited by pioneer42