AA State Tournament

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

Don't take it personal. Many of us are more aware of and have seen York's ability..... it's a geographical thing. 
Westview has a great tradition, and I'm sure they're very capable of winning gold.  

You don't have to be from upper East Tennessee to know about York. I watched them compete at Murfreesboro last year...gritty on defense, precise on offense, unshakable mentally, very well coached, and their ball handler(s) shines even above that. I told my bud after the championship game that I'd make them the favorite next (this) year, and I haven't decided to change my opinion yet. Should be an epic game with Westview, and the winner will undoubtedly be everyone's favorite then.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

You don't have to be from upper East Tennessee to know about York. I watched them compete at Murfreesboro last year...gritty on defense, precise on offense, unshakable mentally, very well coached, and their ball handler(s) shines even above that. I told my bud after the championship game that I'd make them the favorite next (this) year, and I haven't decided to change my opinion yet. Should be an epic game with Westview, and the winner will undoubtedly be everyone's favorite then.

The oldest Beaty girl is the real deal. She’s the best player in the UpperCumberland and we have 5 teams in the state tournament. She is worth the price of admission!  Should be a dandy. I know Westview no longer has the “Wizard of Westview” as a coach but they are good almost every year. The Westview coaching staff made me a hat one year with my name on it. Ahh the good ole days…. McMinn Central is flying under the radar. They are good!  Watch out for them!

Edited by UCSportsFan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Opm91 said:

I'm not familiar with mcminn/GP  at all. What are chances of a GC/Westview rematch in the finals? 

Don’t never know. McMinn Central and GP are both solid as is GC and Westview. Just have to have poise and not get rattled and get through adversity especially from the refs and who will make the big shots. . 

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

The oldest Beaty girl is the real deal. She’s the best player in the UpperCumberland and we have 5 teams in the state tournament. She is worth the price of admission!  Should be a dandy. I know Westview no longer has the “Wizard of Westview” as a coach but they are good almost every year. The Westview coaching staff made me a hat one year with my name on it. Ahh the good ole days…. McMinn Central is flying under the radar. They are good!  Watch out for them!

Yeah and I hear they lose no one. McMinn that is. The Massengill girl can play. Johnny Morgan is a good guy too. McMinn and GP might be as good as York Westview. 

14 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Younger Beaty girl you mean....

• Like 1

Central has been rolling. It will be difficult for these girls as it is their first state appearance in 7 years. The glass house can be intimidating and it is a different environment for them. They might struggle out of the gate and start settling in 2nd half. GP (might have girls with glass house experience?) and that could be the determining factor. 

York is the team to beat, IMO. The ballhandling and shooting was superb when I saw them play in the Sparta tournament. Very impressed with their backcourt.  I don't know the girl's name but she was unstoppable. 

The teams that can settle into the environment, control their emotions, and limit turnovers will win! The teams are so even that it will come down to focus and making the less mistakes. 

Good luck to all teams. I am excited to watch it unfold!

Go Big Blue!

19 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Nobody seems to be giving the 2 west tn teams much hope.  All I will say is they both have plenty of experience at the Glass house and both have a player that’s as good as anyone else can put out there and good guard play. That’s always going to give you a chance.  

I've not seen Scotts Hill play, but looking at their schedule, it looks like it was an extremely down year out west. The mid-state and eastern teams have played much tougher schedules this season.

18 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Nobody seems to be giving the 2 west tn teams much hope.  All I will say is they both have plenty of experience at the Glass house and both have a player that’s as good as anyone else can put out there and good guard play. That’s always going to give you a chance.  

Gibson County and Westview have been there a bunch lately. Getting through the first round is always a big plus. Always lots of nerves involved for all teams it seems in first round. Just have to be poised and hit the big shots. 

Just now, sidelineview63 said:

I've not seen Scotts Hill play, but looking at their schedule, it looks like it was an extremely down year out west. The mid-state and eastern teams have played much tougher schedules this season.

He was not referring to Scott’s Hill, Westview won state last year and has the best player in the tourney and return their core. GC has Hart who gives you a chance against anybody. 

• Like 1