Elizabethton vs Southside

Bigslydog1983

1 minute ago, TryNotToSuck said:

The box score tells you everything, I don't know if what happened to give McNeal the technical foul, but it played to their advantage. 

Elizabethan shot 12 FT's in the 1st Half, 8 in the 2nd Half, and 8 in OT.

South Side shot 6 FT's in the 1st half, 20 FT's in the 2nd Half, and 15 in OT.

I was thinking the same thing. They got every call after the technical. Great job by SS coach. 

2 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I was thinking the same thing. They got every call after the technical. Great job by SS coach. 

Again, I didn't watch the game, but I listened to the game and followed the box score starting about 4 minutes to go in the fourth quarter. The radio announcer said McNeal had a technical foul earlier in the game. The box score had both teams near the same amount of free throw attempts, and South Side ended with a 15 FT advantage.

These officials are happy to be there, they may not be in Murfreesboro ever again. Some may retire, some may not get the opportunity to go back, some may move up to the college level, and so on. Again, these guys are just normal human beings that will go to work Monday on their normal jobs. These aren't college officials where they'll travel 2-3 hours to call that game, and move on to another city. The HS officials are probably not as strong mentality to let whatever McNeal said, go. College officials probably could careless about what he said (if he said anything). But apparently he had to say something that got those officials a little sensitive and changed how they were calling the game. Because the box made it clear that was the case.

14 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

The box score tells you everything, I don't know if what happened to give McNeal the technical foul, but it played to their advantage. 

Elizabethan shot 12 FT's in the 1st Half, 8 in the 2nd Half, and 8 in OT.

South Side shot 6 FT's in the 1st half, 20 FT's in the 2nd Half, and 15 in OT.

McNeal got a T called after a foul on an Elizabethton possession at midcourt. To me, it looked like the player slipped but an immediate foul was called on SS. I am assuming he was critical of the whistle. 

2 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

McNeal got a T called after a foul on an Elizabethton possession at midcourt. To me, it looked like the player slipped but an immediate foul was called on SS. I am assuming he was critical of the whistle. 

The old classic "a player fell down so we got to call a foul." The only issue I have with basketball officials is they do call the reaction and not always the action.

• Upvote 1