13 minutes ago, CU06 said:

Tuesday, March 14:

4:30 pm Memphis Overton vs McMinn County

6:00 pm Sevier County vs Hillsboro

Wednesday, March 15:

10:00 am Independence vs Blackman

11:30 am Dobyns-Bennett vs Memphis East

All about match-ups.

Overton and East can be a nightmare but if you match-up well they can be beat. Neither team is unbeatable like some teams fro mthe West have been in the past.

16 minutes ago, CU06 said:

Tuesday, March 14:

4:30 pm Memphis Overton vs McMinn County

6:00 pm Sevier County vs Hillsboro

Wednesday, March 15:

10:00 am Independence vs Blackman

11:30 am Dobyns-Bennett vs Memphis East

Overton over McMinn

Hillsboro over Sevier

Blackman over Independence

East vs DB is a tough one for me. DB probably has the better single player in Oliver, but East has a ton of length and aggressiveness.

My gut says East, but it would not surprise me one bit to see DB light it up. This could be the State Championship before the Championship game. 

East doesn't have a ton of length at all...their biggest guy is Alijah Curry, after that, a freshman who is 6'5. That's pretty much it. Curry has played well over the last few months but hasn't been himself in the last 2 games. Their guards have carried the load, one in particular. He can really score! 

Overton guards carry their them. Frison can get 25 when he's going and if going good, 30-40 points. Really good shooter, runs the show for them. Their other guard the other night I saw in a tweet hit 9 3-pointers. He's had big games for them this year but none like that. They have a big inside, good size kid and he can play too, step out and make shots too. They kinda athletic with their wing guy, he can play over the rim and hit the 3 ball. They can shoot you out of a game but also shoot themselves out of a game too. They can play a little reckless at times but if they playing well, they can beat anyone at the state. They beat East for the district title by double digits and put up over 100 points in sub state game. They aren't deep though but it hasn't been a problem much so I don't see that hurting them to much for the state.

4 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

East doesn't have a ton of length at all...their biggest guy is Alijah Curry, after that, a freshman who is 6'5. That's pretty much it. Curry has played well over the last few months but hasn't been himself in the last 2 games. Their guards have carried the load, one in particular. He can really score! 

Compared to DB they have a lot more length from the film I watched I should have clarified that. 

DB will have only 2 guys above 6ft on the floor at anytime. The guards are short even by high school standards. 

Gotcha, well in that case, you would be right. They might run into a few problems with East because they do play to mismatches. If they shoot the ball great, they might have a shot at East but East is pretty defensively when they want to be. They can switch every spot/every position on switches including Curry. That might cause some problems for Dobyns.

2 hours ago, lumberjackmak said:

Overton over McMinn

Hillsboro over Sevier

Blackman over Independence

East vs DB is a tough one for me. DB probably has the better single player in Oliver, but East has a ton of length and aggressiveness.

My gut says East, but it would not surprise me one bit to see DB light it up. This could be the State Championship before the Championship game. 

Keep sleeping on Indy…

I think most people have been saying all year that it's wide open in AAAA.  Now that we're down to 8 teams I think that's still the case. I can see any of the 8 taking it. It's going to be whoever gets hot at the right time. Last year I said I'd be happy if DB can just win that first game. Anything after that would just be the bonus cherry on top. I'm saying the same thing this year. If you make the final 8 that's pretty special. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo
  • Thanks 1