AAAA State Tournament

CU06

I honestly wished that all states were like Kentucky and only had one state champion for all sports except football.  I mean how fun would it have been to see a potential D-B/Greeneville game for all the marbles last year since they split the regular season meetings...

I agree with an earlier post that adding a fourth class has kind of weakened the field for all four classes.

That being said, hoping the Indians can go down to the Glass House and come back to KPT with back to back gold balls.  Won't be able to see the run this year though as I am leaving on a cruise ship next week.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 12:09 PM, 2minutedrill said:

Indy got beat 20 by the D2-A champ.......they aren't winning 4A.

While you’re checking wins and losses, please refer to the team that is picked over Indy and tell me what happened between their common opponent. (Centennial)…They will make it farther than you’re giving them credit for. 

Edited by Icy

13 minutes ago, Icy said:

While you’re checking wins and losses, please refer to the team that is picked over Indy and tell me what happened between their common opponent. (Centennial)…They will make it farther than you’re giving them credit for. 

The whole bracket is weak.  TSSAA adding a 4th classification in basketball is laughable.  Covid killed public school basketball in Memphis - Houston hasn't been there in like 60 years.   

Congrats, you beat Centennial.   Nobody cares.     

57 minutes ago, 2minutedrill said:

The whole bracket is weak.  TSSAA adding a 4th classification in basketball is laughable.  Covid killed public school basketball in Memphis - Houston hasn't been there in like 60 years.   

Congrats, you beat Centennial.   Nobody cares.     

Plus 30 other teams.. apparently, you care because you put your two cents in a conversation that wasn’t applying to you. 

Memphis Houston??? Didn’t they win 2 years ago when Mike Miller was the coach?

1 hour ago, Icy said:

Plus 30 other teams.. apparently, you care because you put your two cents in a conversation that wasn’t applying to you. 

Memphis Houston??? Didn’t they win 2 years ago when Mike Miller was the coach?

Houston (Germantown) won with Mike Miller (coach) 2021. They never played Centennial. The school has been open since 1989 so I have no idea what he's talking about.

1 hour ago, warmachine7954 said:

Houston (Germantown) won with Mike Miller (coach) 2021. They never played Centennial. The school has been open since 1989 so I have no idea what he's talking about.

Thanks for the correction.....I meant Overton.

All the elite talent bailed for private schools in Shelby County.

Edited by 2minutedrill

3 hours ago, 2minutedrill said:

Thanks for the correction.....I meant Overton.

All the elite talent bailed for private schools in Shelby County.

Where did you get that information?

When Shelby County Schools didn't play because of Covid some players moved to municipal schools, Houston, Bartlett, and Collierville. It's much easier to prove eligibility (or lie about it) going from public to public than it is public to private. The private school kids are identified early and they're sought from middle school. The power in Shelby County has slowly shifted with the emergence of some of the charter schools. The talent level is down all over the city. 

On 3/8/2023 at 11:10 AM, 2minutedrill said:

Used to look forward to the AAA, now AAAA tournament.  So weak now.  

Why weak? Because high school athletics cycles? 

Teams that have been good for so long have finally dipped? Oak Ridge for example? Bearden? 

Come on- everyone is gonna have a down year at some time.