Ben Smith

CHSBLUE

They better fly Cael Sanderson in if they want to have a shot at beating Cleveland. 

I wonder if there's any chance Logsdon would come out of retirement? It seems like more and more retired coaches have the itch to get back into it these days. Heath Eslinger?

Plenty of great options. I suspect this will be an extremely highly sought after job. If they keep it in the family, I think the most likely candidates are Bryant Blackmon and Shawn Cordell.

If they expand the search, I would look at giving Greg Foreman a call at Pigeon Forge. With his son being gone now, he might be ready for a change. He would bring a ton of experience and is a proven winner. If you go after one of the up and comers, I think your list has to include Pete Miller at Summit, Ed Holland or Chris Dieben at Baylor, Houston Clements at Signal, and Ulric Winesburgh as Soddy. 

• Upvote 1

Pete Miller has done a great job at Summitt, but I ask the question of why would he leave a great situation at Summitt where he is THE MAN?  If he were at Bradley Central, he would always be 2nd to Cleveland until AJ decides to stop giving big money to the Raiders.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

I can guarantee you they wouldn’t bring him either. Blackmon will get the job. How long will it be before he gets them back on track. A few tough years ahead of him since Coach Smith left the program in a bad spot.

How did Smith leave the program in a bad spot?  Did he not wrestle the best kids in the room.

Except for Chad Laxton, Bradley has historically hired from the "Bear Family". If they stay in the family, then I would look at the following.

Bryant Blackman-Current Bradley Assistant

Alan Morris- Current Head Coach of Walker Valley

Heath Eslinger- Founder of "A Better Way" 

Shawn Cordell

Andy Morris- Current Assistant Coach of Walker Valley

Al Morris-Current Athletic Director of Cleveland High School

Adam Rains-Current Assistant Coach of Walker Valley

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Raiders7398 said:

Except for Chad Laxton, Bradley has historically hired from the "Bear Family". If they stay in the family, then I would look at the following.

Bryant Blackman-Current Bradley Assistant

Alan Morris- Current Head Coach of Walker Valley

Heath Eslinger- Founder of "A Better Way" 

Shawn Cordell

Andy Morris- Current Assistant Coach of Walker Valley

Al Morris-Current Athletic Director of Cleveland High School

Adam Rains-Current Assistant Coach of Walker Valley

Tuner Jackson was not a Bradley person when hired.  Basically, 3 coaches since Turner and two were from Bradley.  

• Upvote 1