Westview vs McMinn Central

sportslover88

20 minutes ago, charger05 said:

That's not what you said though. You said decent game and I responded likewise. Westview is the best team in 2A. They played good D on Central tonight, but Central also shot themselves out of it. Gibson didn't do enough to move on, end of story.

Congratulations to McMinn Central!! Had a tough draw and did well. Westview’s 2-3 zone causes everyone problems. Don’t feel bad. That is all they run and there is no reason to run anything else because they do it well. 

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Congratulations to McMinn Central!! Had a tough draw and did well. Westview’s 2-3 zone causes everyone problems. Don’t feel bad. That is all they run and there is no reason to run anything else because they do it well. 

Absolutely. Outcoached and outplayed the Chargerettes tonight. 

9 minutes ago, housemouse said:

Absolutely. Outcoached and outplayed the Chargerettes tonight. 

McMinn Central has a great team. I watched a ton of film on y’all. Y’all got a whole lot better since the Cumberland County games early in the year. You like to press and play man to man defense and get up and down the floor. Love attacking the rim. Alcoa threw a 2-3 zone on y’all in substate game and held y’all for about 9-10 possessions in the second quarter. Y’all have a great team and had the toughest draw without a doubt. Y’all created 18 Turnovers against Gibson County. Central is very quick. Hard to play Westview’s 2-3 zone. Johnny did a great job getting you to the championship. GP and Gibson County both are really good teams. 

33 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Their defense was excellent. Nothing for Central to hang their head about. Westview just did what they needed to do to get it done. Like you said, they know their system and run it immaculately. 

1 minute ago, charger05 said:

Their defense was excellent. Nothing for Central to hang their head about. Westview just did what they needed to do to get it done. Like you said, they know their system and run it immaculately. 

Your right. Westview creates Turnovers and they don’t turn it over. They hit shots. Very hard team to play with Jada and their shooters. We have played them 8 times in the last two years and they just play good ball. York had problems with them too. Central has nothing to be down about. Great run. 

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Your right. Westview creates Turnovers and they don’t turn it over. They hit shots. Very hard team to play with Jada and their shooters. We have played them 8 times in the last two years and they just play good ball. York had problems with them too. Central has nothing to be down about. Great run. 

They have been very good.  I think Gibson County takes down Westview next season.

1 minute ago, 1983 said:

They have been very good.  I think Gibson County takes down Westview next season.

Losing Jada will hurt, but they have another Cracker Jack coming up. They will be good again. Always are. I think it will be more of a leveler playing field for sure. We lose two really good players ourselves in Goad and Cantrelle. 

Congratulations to McMinn Central on a great season; it was a very physical basketball game. Knowing they had beaten the 4A champs (Bradley Central, Alcoa, Gatlinburg-Pittman, and Gibson County).......I'm not going to lie, I was a little concerned because of their style.  All 4 of those are some great programs. When the defensive adjustment was made at halftime on their #5 and #22, from the "casual" observer, I could feel the momentum swinging for WV. Jada didn't have her best shooting night on the driving shots, but her PG mode kicked in and I knew she'd handle the press and find the shooters. Good season and this class were very special over their time (123 wins and 8 losses). I don't think that will be matched at WV for a long time, if ever. Great season. 

3 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Congratulations to McMinn Central on a great season; it was a very physical basketball game. Knowing they had beaten the 4A champs (Bradley Central, Alcoa, Gatlinburg-Pittman, and Gibson County).......I'm not going to lie, I was a little concerned because of their style.  All 4 of those are some great programs. When the defensive adjustment was made at halftime on their #5 and #22, from the "casual" observer, I could feel the momentum swinging for WV. Jada didn't have her best shooting night on the driving shots, but her PG mode kicked in and I knew she'd handle the press and find the shooters. Good season and this class were very special over their time (123 wins and 8 losses). I don't think that will be matched at WV for a long time, if ever. Great season. 

I was concerned a bit as well for Westview. One thing that I knew gave them some problems was Alcoa’s zone. Reason I picked Westview was I knew Central had a tough draw. They weren’t the same team yesterday that they were against Pittman. Hard to play three teams they had and win all three in three days.. Westview looked as good tonight as they did playing the KY team at USJ earlier around Christmas.. Amazing how Westview plays with so much confidence and never seems to get rattled. Jada has been a pleasure to watch . Great basketball player and very smart player. Wish your other seniors good fortune as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I was concerned a bit as well for Westview. One thing that I knew gave them some problems was Alcoa’s zone. Reason I picked Westview was I knew Central had a tough draw. They weren’t the same team yesterday that they were against Pittman. Hard to play three teams they had and win all three in three days.. Westview looked as good tonight as they did playing the KY team at USJ earlier around Christmas.. Amazing how Westview plays with so much confidence and never seems to get rattled. Jada has been a pleasure to watch . Great basketball player and very smart player. Wish your other seniors good fortune as well. 

An unsung hero (Brigance) set the all-time tournament record of shooting percentage in a state tourney. What was special about that was the lady that held in from a 1980 state champion team was there. No one even knew about it until the announcer said it after the game.

Jada said on the radio after the game, the Gibson County loss is what refocused WV and the GC (no fear and a lot of talent) & Huntingdon (big size and and a lot of talent) games were the toughest for us this year when I look back on the season and the matchups. There's no doubt in my mind that Hart wiill be the frontrunner in 2A next year for Ms. Basketball and we've got some holes to fill. It's been a great season and I'd expect GC or Huntingdon to be in the mix again next year and

hopefully we'll be a lot better by the end of next season, then we are when we start out. WV has kids that will have to step up in a big way, but we've got a good program and some good young kids coming up to help out the ones still there. 

8 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

An unsung hero (Brigance) set the all-time tournament record of shooting percentage in a state tourney. What was special about that was the lady that held in from a 1980 state champion team was there. No one even knew about it until the announcer said it after the game.

Jada said on the radio after the game, the Gibson County loss is what refocused WV and the GC (no fear and a lot of talent) & Huntingdon (big size and and a lot of talent) games were the toughest for us this year when I look back on the season and the matchups. There's no doubt in my mind that Hart wiill be the frontrunner in 2A next year for Ms. Basketball and we've got some holes to fill. It's been a great season and I'd expect GC or Huntingdon to be in the mix again next year and

hopefully we'll be a lot better by the end of next season, then we are when we start out. WV has kids that will have to step up in a big way, but we've got a good program and some good young kids coming up to help out the ones still there. 

Haskins and Wilkins are the best in the business at developing talent and reloading. Will be interesting for sure. Don’t know exactly how many y’all are losing. We are losing two good one’s ourself. But from what I hear y’all have another really good one coming up. Will be interesting for sure. Not how you start it is how you finish. Our team got better this year as the year went on. I expect Westview to get better as the year goes on next year.