Westview vs McMinn Central

sportslover88

16 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

An unsung hero (Brigance) set the all-time tournament record of shooting percentage in a state tourney. What was special about that was the lady that held in from a 1980 state champion team was there. No one even knew about it until the announcer said it after the game.

Jada said on the radio after the game, the Gibson County loss is what refocused WV and the GC (no fear and a lot of talent) & Huntingdon (big size and and a lot of talent) games were the toughest for us this year when I look back on the season and the matchups. There's no doubt in my mind that Hart wiill be the frontrunner in 2A next year for Ms. Basketball and we've got some holes to fill. It's been a great season and I'd expect GC or Huntingdon to be in the mix again next year and

hopefully we'll be a lot better by the end of next season, then we are when we start out. WV has kids that will have to step up in a big way, but we've got a good program and some good young kids coming up to help out the ones still there. 

We also got to keep in mind Huntingdon will be away from us next year. Will be GC, Westview and Peabody that I know of in District together. 

• Like 1

Just now, pioneer42 said:

We also got to keep in mind Huntingdon will be away from us next year. Will be GC, Westview and Peabody that I know of in District together. 

GC will definitely be pre-season #1 and will be in the driver's seat for sure in that alignment. When it's said and done in 2024, hopefully GC & WV can continue or finish their business up at the Glass House. 

3 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

GC will definitely be pre-season #1 and will be in the driver's seat for sure in that alignment. When it's said and done in 2024, hopefully GC & WV can continue or finish their business up at the Glass House. 

I think Gibson County and Westview both have a good shot. Peabody will always be competitive as will some others but no disrespect to others but definitely not Summertown and Loretto. Both of them places are hard places to deal with. 

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Haskins and Wilkins are the best in the business at developing talent and reloading. Will be interesting for sure. Don’t know exactly how many y’all are losing. We are losing two good one’s ourself. But from what I hear y’all have another really good one coming up. Will be interesting for sure. Not how you start it is how you finish. Our team got better this year as the year went on. I expect Westview to get better as the year goes on next year. 

WV is losing three starters but should have 2 that could've helped a lot this year, healed and back from their knee injuries. The 8th grader will have to develop, but she has the ability to be pretty special as well. We will be 8 deep next year, but it's going to be a growing year and hopefully they'll be their best at the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

WV is losing three starters but should have 2 that could've helped a lot this year, healed and back from their knee injuries. The 8th grader will have to develop, but she has the ability to be pretty special as well. We will be 8 deep next year, but it's going to be a growing year and hopefully they'll be their best at the end of the season. 

Who you losing?? Brigance and Jada and ??? You also got Simpson coming back right??

Edited by pioneer42

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

I think Gibson County and Westview both have a good shot. Peabody will always be competitive as will some others but no disrespect to others but definitely not Summertown and Loretto. Both of them places are hard places to deal with. 

When is the last time that neither Summertown and Loretto failed to make it? I haven't really thought of that, but that's been a minute since that's happened. I'm good with WV going towards Memphis instead of towards Nashville. lol. 

Just now, pioneer42 said:

Who you losing?? Brigance and Jada and ??? You also got Simpson coming back right??

Losing Harrison, Brigance, and Chester (our wing/post) from the starting rotation WV should have Simpson and Evans (young post player) back in there next year. WV has a couple of younger girls who will get more time who are on the bench, and they will be thrown in the mix when they start back later this spring. 

48 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Losing Harrison, Brigance, and Chester (our wing/post) from the starting rotation WV should have Simpson and Evans (young post player) back in there next year. WV has a couple of younger girls who will get more time who are on the bench, and they will be thrown in the mix when they start back later this spring. 

Still got Alexander and Simms. Y’all will still be really good. GC and Westview will be a battle as always. 

56 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

When is the last time that neither Summertown and Loretto failed to make it? I haven't really thought of that, but that's been a minute since that's happened. I'm good with WV going towards Memphis instead of towards Nashville. lol. 

Summertown and Loretto both will be tough next year. We both will be happy to play in Memphis to get away from them right???

1 hour ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Can’t say you are wrong, GC definitely a favorite, but McMinn Central doesn’t have a Sr.  Gat-Pitt only had one Sr who played much.

All 3 are prohibitive favorites going into next season right now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tnhoosier said:

Can’t say you are wrong, GC definitely a favorite, but McMinn Central doesn’t have a Sr.  Gat-Pitt only had one Sr who played much.

All 3 are prohibitive favorites going into next season right now.

I think Huntingdon will be in the mix next season.  They only lost to the 1A and 2A champions and to Gibson Co.  They were very competitive in all the loses.

• Like 1