Question about McKenzie

bobcatfan300

2 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

I looked up the population of McKenzie and it was over 5000. A town that size should have a highschool with about 800-1000. Jamestown is 2300 and the school has about 500 and is 2A.  How can there be only 367 in the school?

Those numbers are skewed. I have been in education for almost 25 years and don’t know of a single town of 5000 people with 800-1000 in the high school unless it was a county school. McKenzie is a city school. Also you have a college in McKenzie (Bethel) that adds to the population of the town. McKenzie has been 1A or 2A for a long long time. 

1 hour ago, bobcatfan300 said:

I looked up the population of McKenzie and it was over 5000. A town that size should have a highschool with about 800-1000. Jamestown is 2300 and the school has about 500 and is 2A.  How can there be only 367 in the school?

Huntingdon population is about 5000 and has 400 kids. McKenzie has always been 1a or small 2a. There are 5 high schools in this county. Bruceton, Clarksburg, West Carroll, McKenzie and Huntingdon. Congrats to McKenzie. I thought they only shot like that against Huntingdon.

1 hour ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Total kids across elementary, middle, and high they probably have 1000 but not high school alone. TSSAA determines classifications based on high school enrollment Einstein. 

On 3/11/2023 at 5:49 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

Steph Currie hadn’t got nothing on them right?? The way they shoot it man on the outside looking in makes you think they picked out about 6 or 7 players from a 1000 school enrollment. 

Edited by pioneer42

23 hours ago, Waker said:

Huntingdon population is about 5000 and has 400 kids. McKenzie has always been 1a or small 2a. There are 5 high schools in this county. Bruceton, Clarksburg, West Carroll, McKenzie and Huntingdon. Congrats to McKenzie. I thought they only shot like that against Huntingdon.

Yeah I noticed that Huntingdon missed single A by 4 students with this last classification.      LOL

On 3/11/2023 at 5:49 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

Fentress, with some going Clarkrange and some to York, has about 19,000 total in county.