Question about McKenzie

bobcatfan300

On 3/11/2023 at 5:49 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

I looked up the population of McKenzie and it was over 5000. A town that size should have a highschool with about 800-1000. Jamestown is 2300 and the school has about 500 and is 2A.  How can there be only 367 in the school?

Wow, I had to do the math on this 1000 kids in the HS would equate to 250 per grade. In a K-12, that would be 3,250 kids. When you factor in the 0-4 year olds, that’s approximately another 1000 kids in the town. So that is over 4000 kids in a town of 5000. I’m not sure your numbers quite make any sense. 

12 minutes ago, GHSSupporter said:

Wow, I had to do the math on this 1000 kids in the HS would equate to 250 per grade. In a K-12, that would be 3,250 kids. When you factor in the 0-4 year olds, that’s approximately another 1000 kids in the town. So that is over 4000 kids in a town of 5000. I’m not sure your numbers quite make any sense. 

He is just throwing stuff on the wall. Trying to act like McKenzie is doing something wrong. 

11 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

A college town skews the population for sure…just ask Martin! That’s why they go by the high school enrollment and that’s it

A lot of people ask me about that. Martin has approx. 11K as a city, the campus is approx 7K from what I was told. We’ve always had a pretty good size student body and school mainly being in 3A or a big 2A. If Martin was listed at 17K by including college population and not going by school student count we’d easily be 4 or 5A. 

15 hours ago, HCHSladyPats said:

Yeah I noticed that Huntingdon missed single A by 4 students with this last classification.      LOL

Yes. It has been tough on Huntingdon in basketball and football. They have to play in easily the toughest district in the state in both. The Fillies only lost to 3 teams this season. 2 of them were state champions and the other was a very good Gibson Co team. The losses to Gibson Co and Westview all came down who had the most foul shots at the end.

46 minutes ago, Waker said:

Yes. It has been tough on Huntingdon in basketball and football. They have to play in easily the toughest district in the state in both. The Fillies only lost to 3 teams this season. 2 of them were state champions and the other was a very good Gibson Co team. The losses to Gibson Co and Westview all came down who had the most foul shots at the end.

I am calling it now.  Huntingdon is in Murfreesboro next year.