Miss Basketball

BigFan1966

1 hour ago, dogtruth said:

On the single A side if Lyndie Ramsey from Unaka  doesn't win miss basketball, imo, it would be a travesty. The girl had over 2900 points for her career while being double and triple teamed every game this year. Also outside the court she is an outstanding ambassador for the game of girls basketball. I know for a fact that she volunteers to help many special needs students in her free time too. Her character is second to none.

To me as the one of the parents of Lyndie Ramsey with that statement of her character that means more to me than anything. Yes she does work with kids with special needs on her free time and her mom and I are very proud of the young lady she has become both on the court and off the court, thank you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

You think so? 

Miss Basketball is a different animal. Never know what is going to happen. I feel confident Jada will win it because she was nominated last year and she was dominant all last year and this year as well. Was Timia Lawson a Finalist last year?? They do some querky stuff with that. Be interesting to see if a player that wasn’t nominated previous year ever won it over a player that was nominated previous year. Lawson is deserving of it for sure. 

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Miss Basketball is a different animal. Never know what is going to happen. I feel confident Jada will win it because she was nominated last year and she was dominant all last year and this year as well. Was Timia Lawson a Finalist last year?? They do some querky stuff with that. Be interesting to see if a player that wasn’t nominated previous year ever won it over a player that was nominated previous year. Lawson is deserving of it for sure. 

Yes I agree it is definitely a different animal! Naw Lawson wasn’t nominated last year, but she beat 2 of the 3 Miss Basketball’s finalists last year. 

She will not win because out of 34 games, Lawson & the other 4 starters only played 2 quarters in all but like 8 games. I say the starters only played 8 full games, so it will hurt her chances of winning it. Only averages 12 points in 2 quarters, but we will take health over any individual award! 

13 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yes I agree it is definitely a different animal! Naw Lawson wasn’t nominated last year, but she beat 2 of the 3 Miss Basketball’s finalists last year. 

She will not win because out of 34 games, Lawson & the other 4 starters only played 2 quarters in all but like 8 games. I say the starters only played 8 full games, so it will hurt her chances of winning it. Only averages 12 points in 2 quarters, but we will take health over any individual award! 

I agree. They decide it probably before District Tournament. Heather Butler went 70-1 and didn’t win it neither season. We have had a few Finalist but never a winner. Y’all got the one you really wanted. Y’all have a celebration in gym today???

11 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree. They decide it probably before District Tournament. Heather Butler went 70-1 and didn’t win it neither season. We have had a few Finalist but never a winner. Y’all got the one you really wanted. Y’all have a celebration in gym today???

No. We will have one Tomorrow. Then a parade to follow so. Our mayor is a South Side alumni so we will have a “Hawk Day” in Jackson very soon!

Trey Smith is from Jackson & plays with the Kansas City Chiefs and won the Super Bowl so the mayor gave him “Trey Day” 

2 hours ago, dogtruth said:

On the single A side if Lyndie Ramsey from Unaka  doesn't win miss basketball, imo, it would be a travesty. The girl had over 2900 points for her career while being double and triple teamed every game this year. Also outside the court she is an outstanding ambassador for the game of girls basketball. I know for a fact that she volunteers to help many special needs students in her free time too. Her character is second to none.

No offense but Savannah Davis from McKenzie has had a pretty impress season/career herself and is an outstanding individual. I will be surprised if she doesn’t win it in single A

21 hours ago, BigFan1966 said:

Who won Miss Basketball in all 4 classes?

A- Savannah Davis from McKenzie

AA- Jada Harrison from Westview (has been nominated three years in a row but this would be her first win)

AAA- Lawson from Southside 

**This straight opinion and is from watching the State Tournament and seeing who the best players out there were as well as watching Jada’s entire career.

12 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

AA- Jada Harrison from Westview (has been nominated three years in a row but this would be her first win)

**This straight opinion and is from watching the State Tournament and seeing who the best players out there were as well as watching Jada’s entire career.

Savannah Davis didn’t get nominated this year I don’t  believe. She won it last year but was hurt most of the year. 

51 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

No. We will have one Tomorrow. Then a parade to follow so. Our mayor is a South Side alumni so we will have a “Hawk Day” in Jackson very soon!

Trey Smith is from Jackson & plays with the Kansas City Chiefs and won the Super Bowl so the mayor gave him “Trey Day” 

I saw him in longhorn in Jackson with his family a couple weeks ago. My grandparents know his people. 

53 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

We all know Savanna is the best player on McKenzie but she was out a few weeks from a broken finger. But no offense to Kylie but her sister Mikaela is a little better & a junior! Her & Savanna will be one of the best duo’s in the state in the state