Who’s The Best 1A Team Ever?

UConnAlum94

3 hours ago, FANWC said:

96-97 Perry County Vikings.

PC was "a ball rolling around the rim" shot away from winning back-to-back State Championships. The 95-96 State Championship game was one I won't forget. A player from Boyd Buchanan intercepted a PC throw just beyond half-court and started to celebrate by holding the ball and running. However, he was called for traveling because there was still time left on the clock. PC had one more chance to win the game and with their 6'10'' player, that was a real possibility. PC threw the ball in around half court and up to the goal. Of course, PC missed but it was almost a remarkable turn of events given the stakes.

56 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Probably not even a fair conversation, because when Memphis Mitchell was in Class A they had no equal.

Goodpasture in 2014 was probably the only team that could play close with them. In fact, Goodpasture missed a free throw with 1 second left in regulation that would have won it, but MM went on to win in OT. But yeah, they were good and won 3 straight State Championships.

Without any doubt the 96-97 Perry County team. 37-0 and not a close game in Murfreesboro. Played and incredibly tough schedule and beat several teams in higher class that also reached the state. In my opinion they are one of the 5-10 best teams in any classification in TSSAA history. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Probably not even a fair conversation, because when Memphis Mitchell was in Class A they had no equal.

Should’ve lost to Goodpasture in 2014. GP had more talent imo. 

They didn’t win a state title which still blows my mind, but 93-94 Goodpasture team had the most talent of any 1A team ever. 

2 hours ago, CASC95 said:

PC was "a ball rolling around the rim" shot away from winning back-to-back State Championships. The 95-96 State Championship game was one I won't forget. A player from Boyd Buchanan intercepted a PC throw just beyond half-court and started to celebrate by holding the ball and running. However, he was called for traveling because there was still time left on the clock. PC had one more chance to win the game and with their 6'10'' player, that was a real possibility. PC threw the ball in around half court and up to the goal. Of course, PC missed but it was almost a remarkable turn of events given the stakes.

I was at that game. It was exciting.