Middleton Vs Hampton 3-18-23

Backyardbbq15

Middleton is certainly the favorite, but Hampton has the horses to pull it off.

UH shot the ball absolutely horrible (by their standards) and they were still only down 2 with about 30 seconds left in the 3rd. So they showed Middleton isn't in a completely different echelon like alot of folks thought.

29 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

This is gonna be a good game. First time I’ve seen Hampton play today. Impressive basketball team. Very solid squad.

Could be a GREAT game, Hampton has to somewhat contain Mr BB and not give up 2ond chance points. Both teams are very capable.

Just now, kamikawa said:

Three things are definite in life: death, taxes & a Ned Smith coached team playing well at tournament time.

He's pretty darn good. Smart to not try to press the whole game like he usually does. You have to adjust to different type teams.

1 hour ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

This should be a very tight game. I think Hampton plays hard and are very well coached. I also feel the same way about Middleton. I'm going with Mr. Basketball and Middleton by 4. 

That ole boy can play, better keep him away from the free throw line , very impressive.

4 hours ago, Backyardbbq15 said:

Can Hampton contain Mr Basketball and take home the Gold Ball?

I don't think that needs to be Hampton's aim. Middleton is going to have five capable players on the floor at any time and if you focus too much on Robinson, one or more of the others could have a career game. If Hampton can control the pace and flow, only run when it benefits them, and keep Mr. Basketball close to his average output they'll have a shot. If Middleton can dictate how the game is played, they will be tough to beat whether Robinson is scoring in the 20's or 40's.