Way Too Early 23-24 AAA preseason favorite teams

HawkGuy06

1 hour ago, ball21 said:

who do you have Hawk ?

Mane! I have in no order 

South Side(of course) we are losing a lot but still should get back! 

Dyersburg(probably the best guards in the state but no size) 

Livingston(losing a lot but still should be good) 

Upperman(losing a very good guard & post player) still will be good with their middle school winning state. 

My favorite & who I think will win it is Elizabethon! 

38 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Mane! I have in no order 

South Side(of course) we are losing a lot but still should get back! 

Dyersburg(probably the best guards in the state but no size) 

Livingston(losing a lot but still should be good) 

Upperman(losing a very good guard & post player) still will be good with their middle school winning state. 

My favorite & who I think will win it is Elizabethon! 

Greenville is always good. What are they losing Hawk??? Dyersburg gets Strayhorn’s granddaughter this year who is really good. Proud of him and the job he did making a nice run after starting tough. Strayhorn has done a lot for girls basketball in West TN. They will be tough. South Side will always be good. Dyersburg gets South Gibson back in there District and y’all go back to the Chester County District?? That right Hawk??

Edited by pioneer42

AAA should be wide open next year. Lot of teams losing pieces.

Upperman graduates some big pieces but always seems to be in the conversation. I heard they some nice middle school pieces coming. 

Livingston graduates their bigs, but will still be good.

I think Greeneville graduates 3 starters (?) I know the Bailey kid graduates. She was their leading scorer.

Creek Wood graduates almost all their production and takes a step back

Elizabethton graduates 3 starters, including the guard that played so well in the state tournament. 

Dyersburg will be really dangerous. Multiple scorers and athletes. You could make an argument for them being the preseason favorite. 

South Side will take a step back, but I think, with the new district/region alignments, they get back to Murfreesboro.

South Gibson graduates 3 starters but probably has a region semifinal game against Fayette Ware to decide who goes to state tournament. 

You never know what will happen in the transfer portal to change some of this.

51 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Greenville is always good. What are they losing Hawk??? Dyersburg gets Strayhorn’s granddaughter this year who is really good. Proud of him and the job he did making a nice run after starting tough. Strayhorn has done a lot for girls basketball in West TN. They will be tough. South Side will always be good. Dyersburg gets South Gibson back in there District and y’all go back to the Chester County District?? That right Hawk??

Greenville losing Bailey! She was the engine of that team. Yea I have Dyersburg definitely back at state this year. We will be ok 

50 minutes ago, maddams said:

Upperman graduates some big pieces but always seems to be in the conversation. I heard they some nice middle school pieces coming. 

I think Greeneville graduates 3 starters (?) I know the Bailey kid graduates. She was their leading scorer.

Elizabethton graduates 3 starters, including the guard that played so well in the state tournament. 

Dyersburg will be really dangerous. Multiple scorers and athletes. You could make an argument for them being the preseason favorite. 

South Side will take a step back, but I think, with the new district/region alignments, they get back to Murfreesboro.

South Gibson graduates 3 starters but probably has a region semifinal game against Fayette Ware to decide who goes to state tournament. 

I agree with all you said! 

5 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I agree with all you said! 

Don’t know about Livingston but Upperman will be really good if I had to bet. We played their JV in Murfreesboro this summer and they are loaded. South Side and others who lost players will be tough too. Just will have a transition period and by Tournament Time will be tough. New players will have to get used to playing. 

7 hours ago, maddams said:

Transfer portal, Ha Ha! Funny, but true. So I hear South Side has a kid from South Gibson who came eligible after Region Semifinals and another one or two coming from a private school there in town. @HawkGuy06 can you give us any incite on that?

Dyersburg has the granddaughter and possibly a transfer I believe that will be eligible.

South Gibson returns #12, #24 and #33 that saw a lot of minutes and I believe they had a decent middle school team also.

5 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Transfer portal, Ha Ha! Funny, but true. So I hear South Side has a kid from South Gibson who came eligible after Region Semifinals and another one or two coming from a private school there in town. @HawkGuy06 can you give us any incite on that?

Dyersburg has the granddaughter and possibly a transfer I believe that will be eligible.

South Gibson returns #12, #24 and #33 that saw a lot of minutes and I believe they had a decent middle school team also.

We will see very soon pioneer, we never get any help from transfer portal, so hopefully this year that will change! Should be a fun summer

30 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

We will see very soon pioneer, we never get any help from transfer portal, so hopefully this year that will change! Should be a fun summer

Pioneer don’t know about the transfer portal other than the girl from South Gibson. Very good pick up as she was rolling in our Fall League. Just didn’t work out for her at South Gibson and to be honest some times the grass is greener on the other side and I think this will be the case for South Side because she is a solid player and Coach McNeal like Coach Wilkins has an art and a God given gift for getting maximum effort out of their players. 

1 hour ago, BallIsLife1 said:

What private school is that? Haley Ayers from USJ would be great! Lol