Way Too Early 23-24 AAA preseason favorite teams

HawkGuy06

35 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Pioneer don’t know about the transfer portal other than the girl from South Gibson. Very good pick up as she was rolling in our Fall League. Just didn’t work out for her at South Gibson and to be honest some times the grass is greener on the other side and I think this will be the case for South Side because she is a solid player and Coach McNeal like Coach Wilkins has an art and a God given gift for getting maximum effort out of their players. 

Yea that’s all I know as well. But yea hopefully she can get in South Side shape & be a big factor next season, we will need her! 

7 AAA will be more competitive top to bottom next year. Cumberland may take a bigger step back then Livingston, Upperman, & White but still have a couple coming back. The players those other teams lose will be hard to replace to be as dominant as they were against the bottom half of the district. The bottom 3 teams pretty much return everyone although Macon will be leaving the district (Macon has a chance to win their new district next year after only winning 1 district game last year). Whoever comes out on top in 7 AAA will always be in the conversation. Just don't know who that'll be with the parity.

21 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Don’t know about Livingston but Upperman will be really good if I had to bet. We played their JV in Murfreesboro this summer and they are loaded. South Side and others who lost players will be tough too. Just will have a transition period and by Tournament Time will be tough. New players will have to get used to playing. 

I agree and the region will probably be a sweep with the Upper Cumberlands taking it.  Tullahoma will be in the bottom half of their district or worse and Lawrence County shouldn't be as strong as they have been.  

On 3/20/2023 at 5:15 PM, pioneer42 said:

Greenville is always good. What are they losing Hawk??? Dyersburg gets Strayhorn’s granddaughter this year who is really good. Proud of him and the job he did making a nice run after starting tough. Strayhorn has done a lot for girls basketball in West TN. They will be tough. South Side will always be good. Dyersburg gets South Gibson back in there District and y’all go back to the Chester County District?? That right Hawk??

Greeneville's seniors excelled when the team depended on them as freshmen. They beat a much-favored Grainger team during the season. It will be a great task to replace them. However, they still have some good established players. Coach Annette Watts knows the game. They'll still be good. 

Edited by Americal198

West TN:

South Side walks through their new district even though they lost some really good players - They also win the Sub-State game and go back to the State Tournament

Dyersburg will win their district 

South Gibson will compete even though they lost 3 starters - They will have to play every night in District unlike the past couple of years with NS and Liberty making up 4 of their 6 district games. Crockett and Dyer County will compete - 

That is it in 3 A West TN

It will be South Side and whoever wins Region 5 going to state and it will be Dyersburg and south Gibson going to state - Region 8 will compete but won't be able to beat either one of those teams in sub state

2 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

West TN:

South Side walks through their new district even though they lost some really good players - They also win the Sub-State game and go back to the State Tournament

South Gibson will compete even though they lost 3 starters - They will have to play every night in District unlike the past couple of years with NS and Liberty making up 4 of their 6 district games. Crockett and Dyer County will compete - 

It will be South Side and whoever wins Region 5 going to state and it will be Dyersburg and south Gibson going to state - Region 8 will compete but won't be able to beat either one of those teams in sub state

Looks like the West Tennessee schools could be a force in Murfreesboro for years.  In AAA the only district in Middle Tennessee is the Upper Cumberland’s which seem to make noise in the glass house each year.  

4 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

West TN:

Sounds like you’re knowledgeable! I hope you’re right 

1 hour ago, mcraiderfan321 said:

Looks like the West Tennessee schools could be a force in Murfreesboro for years.  In AAA the only district in Middle Tennessee is the Upper Cumberland’s which seem to make noise in the glass house each year.  

They are good year in & year out. I think Upperman & WC still will be good. I heard Macon is a year so so away from competing but they are moving districts next year 

2 hours ago, mcraiderfan321 said:

West TN has done well going across the river the last two years in substate. South Side has won twice, GC twice, Westview twice, McKenzie twice, South Gibson once all in substate. They moved GC and Westview back west which is what it should have been. Therefore two teams want be going across the river no more for substate. I think South Side is still going across the river as well as McKenzie and possibly Huntingdon for substate. Upper Cumberland will always be there. South Side will always be tough. Dyersburg will be tough and South Gibson will be pretty good as well. 

14 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Greeneville's seniors excelled when the team depended on them as freshmen. They beat a much-favored Grainger team during the season. It will be a great task to replace them. However, they still have some good established players. Coach Annette Watts knows the game. They'll still be good. 

Yeah they are always good. I always watch them in the summer at the Boro and always see a tough team. Elizabethton is good too. Dyersburg was pretty competitive with them actually with their young team. Will be interesting. Season went by too fast.

18 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Upperman with those talented young players will probably be pretty tough next year. 

I would agree they should be reloading.  We always play Tullahoma and Lincoln County from the other district and Lincoln County was by far the best team we faced all year.  Tullahoma was athletic but most of the girls were seniors and they did not look impressive when they went to the bench.  I think if we play them this year we will beat them and should be able to give Lincoln County a much better two games.  Looking at the changes in districts and teams Central Magnet will be the best coached and most talented team in the new district alignment but I still think with White County, Macon County, Cumberland and Livingston that district will sweep the region.  Upperman will be the best team in that region and should win it, with what you said young talent.

• Like 1