Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

18 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Pretty good list. Central no senior GP I think had just one.

Westview, Huntingdon and Summertown will be there as well when it is all said and done. Summertown lost 3 players to injury and played Westview pretty tough. Westview is Westview. Gibson County, Westview and South Side does as good a job reloading as you will find. Westview will be tough getting Simpson back and getting a Cracker Jack PG in from middle school. Also have Alexander and Simms coming back as well as Trevathon. They will be a handful. McMinn Central, GP and York will be really good I agree. Alcoa I would bet will be good as well. Loretto really came on strong at the end of the year and I think only loses Laney Weathers, which is a big loss because she is a great player but Loretto does a good job reloading as well. Should be a fun year. Can’t wait. 

I think McMinn, Gibson Co and Gatlinburg are probably top 3 going into the season. 

Gibson will miss Cantrell but has some young kids ready for bigger roles.

McMinn brings everybody back.

Gatlinburg brings almost everybody back. 

Westview will be good, especially by February.

Loretto and Summertown will be good not great. Probably same for Huntingdon.

Alcoa graduates a lot.

York graduates some important pieces but Beatty still there keeps them in the conversation

3 hours ago, maddams said:

I think McMinn, Gibson Co and Gatlinburg are probably top 3 going into the season. 

Alcoa graduates a lot.

York graduates some important pieces but Beatty still there keeps them in the conversation

I think McMinn is probably the favorite but I do believe it may be a little more wide open next year.  I believe Huntingdon will be stronger this next season

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

I think McMinn is probably the favorite but I do believe it may be a little more wide open next year.  I believe Huntingdon will be stronger this next season

I think Huntingdon has potential to go further next season as the new alignment gets them away from Westview and GC. Kee is a great player, but don’t think you can graduate a kid like Singleton and get better

17 minutes ago, maddams said:

I think Huntingdon has potential to go further next season as the new alignment gets them away from Westview and GC. Kee is a great player, but don’t think you can graduate a kid like Singleton and get better

She will definitely be missed as will our other two seniors!  The sophomore class hasn’t gotten as much playing time but they are a talented bunch. 

5 hours ago, maddams said:

Alcoa graduates a lot.

Summertown will beat the teams they’re supposed to beat by 30 + with their press and probably upset some teams / getting away from Westview & GC will help but probably not the depth as psat years to challenge for gold ball 

1 minute ago, maddams said:

There guards really improved this past year in a big way. If they improve some more they will be a handful. Think that is where GC got them this year with guard play, but all games were close. If they can learn to handle ball pressure better and learn to manage the game a little better they will be really good.