Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

7 hours ago, maddams said:

I think McMinn, Gibson Co and Gatlinburg are probably top 3 going into the season. 

Gibson will miss Cantrell but has some young kids ready for bigger roles.

McMinn brings everybody back.

Gatlinburg brings almost everybody back. 

Westview will be good, especially by February.

Loretto and Summertown will be good not great. Probably same for Huntingdon.

Alcoa graduates a lot.

York graduates some important pieces but Beatty still there keeps them in the conversation

I concur! I agree once again! 

You have to start with McMinn being the favorite going into this season.  Gibson will be tough again and York too.  I really like Loretto as a dark horse, especially if Libby Sanders makes it back from her illness.  They have 2 freshman coming in that will play and one is  6 foot Sophie Weathers, Lanie and Kenseys little sister.   Ally Weathers will be a beast,  JB Clifton will be one of the better guards in our classification, Libby was one of our best 3 point shooters and defenders, and with 6 foot sophomore post Raven Chance and another 6 foot sophomore Corbin that's getting over ACL surgery will be better after their freshman year.  We've got some good bench players for depth.  I really like our coaches too !

25 minutes ago, gogold said:

You have to start with McMinn being the favorite going into this season.  Gibson will be tough again and York too.  I really like Loretto as a dark horse, especially if Libby Sanders makes it back from her illness.  They have 2 freshman coming in that will play and one is  6 foot Sophie Weathers, Lanie and Kenseys little sister.   Ally Weathers will be a beast,  JB Clifton will be one of the better guards in our classification, Libby was one of our best 3 point shooters and defenders, and with 6 foot sophomore post Raven Chance and another 6 foot sophomore Corbin that's getting over ACL surgery will be better after their freshman year.  We've got some good bench players for depth.  I really like our coaches too !

That sounds like trouble! 

4 hours ago, gogold said:

Loretto is starting to resemble the Karly Weathers teams. Loretto’s heighth and length can be a nightmare for opposing teams. They are hard to press because they can throw over the top and attack the rim really well. If they are handling ball pressure like they did us I can see them being bad trouble. I do think Gibson County caused problems with their pressure late, but they handled it well for 3 quarters. The Chance kid we seen at Christmas and she had improved a ton in a couple of months. I think Ashley has another great team brewing that will definitely be in the title mix when it is said and done. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

York lost 3 starters but with Miss Basketball runner up Reese Beaty back and with other good players taking the place of the lost starters they will again be very good. They were the 2nd best team again last year losing to Westview by 2 points while the other teams Westview played lost by a bit more.

• 1 month later...

Now that spring basketball is over, York beat Gibson County, East Nashville, Livingston, Loretto, White County twice, Green Hill. Maryville, Farragut, Knox Catholic, Whitehouse, Warren Co., Beech, Elizabethton, Knoxville Webb, Middle Tennessee Christian, Lipscomb, Seymour, 3 Georgia teams and 2 Kentucky teams. They also won all their games on another day but i didn't get those results, other than they won. Their loss to East Robertson was by a few points but Miss Basketball runner up Reese Beaty didn't play, nor starter Raylee Werner. The only losses at full strength were to 4A state runner up Bartlett and Div ll state runner up Ensworth. York easily beat McMinn Central by 15 points last year. York only lost to Westview at state last year by 2 awhile McMinn Central lost by 19, so until McMinn proves they can beat York, I think York is the team to beat this coming season.

On 7/5/2023 at 3:30 PM, bobcatfan#1 said:

Now that spring basketball is over, York beat Gibson County, East Nashville, Livingston, Loretto, White County twice, Green Hill. Maryville, Farragut, Knox Catholic, Whitehouse, Warren Co., Beech, Elizabethton, Knoxville Webb, Middle Tennessee Christian, Lipscomb, Seymour, 3 Georgia teams and 2 Kentucky teams. They also won all their games on another day but i didn't get those results, other than they won. Their loss to East Robertson was by a few points but Miss Basketball runner up Reese Beaty didn't play, nor starter Raylee Werner. The only losses at full strength were to 4A state runner up Bartlett and Div ll state runner up Ensworth. York easily beat McMinn Central by 15 points last year. York only lost to Westview at state last year by 2 awhile McMinn Central lost by 19, so until McMinn proves they can beat York, I think York is the team to beat this coming season.

I heard the Gibson County game was a two point game with Gibson County having a shot to win it late so gives me optimism about Gibson County. Will be interesting. I am sure Westview, Gatlinburg Pittman, McMinn Central, Alcoa, Loretto, Summertown, East Nashville all will be in the mix and maybe a few others. 

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I heard the Gibson County game was a two point game with Gibson County having a shot to win it late so gives me optimism about Gibson County. Will be interesting. I am sure Westview, Gatlinburg Pittman, McMinn Central, Alcoa, Loretto, Summertown, East Nashville all will be in the mix and maybe a few others. 

Yeap I agree 

• 2 weeks later...