Region 7 1A

Allthetalk

Who will be the playoff teams in this region. It now consists of Dresden, Gleason, Greenfield, Halls, Humboldt, Lake County, South Fulton, and Union City. In recent years Union City, Lake County and Dresden have been tough to deal with. Union City is an early favorite to make it to Chattanooga. That would leave the 4th spot wide open. How do you guys see it playing out in this region? 

12 hours ago, Allthetalk said:

Who will be the playoff teams in this region. It now consists of Dresden, Gleason, Greenfield, Halls, Humboldt, Lake County, South Fulton, and Union City. In recent years Union City, Lake County and Dresden have been tough to deal with. Union City is an early favorite to make it to Chattanooga. That would leave the 4th spot wide open. How do you guys see it playing out in this region? 

Well, seeing Humboldt getting denied to go Region 6-1A puts everything into a bind here. There's going to be a decent team that will miss the playoffs.

I'll lean with 

1) Union City

2) Dresden

3) Lake County

4) Humboldt

If Humboldt doesn't make the playoffs, then there is something bad going on in the Strawberry City.  Honestly, they should be ahead of Dresden on this list, battling with Union City for the top spot. 

Halls was the most surprised team last year, but the October schedule put them back to reality. In addition, they're in the process of making a coaching change (if it's not finalized). The only question is how good is South Fulton? At least they won't be boarding a plane to play Fayetteville in the playoffs this year.

Top to bottom I believe this region will be the toughest. Halls, Humboldt, and South Fulton will battle it out for fourth place. Any of these three would probably be a second to third place team in ever other region. Dresden will suprise alot of people this year.

Truly believe we have a generational type talent in a sophomore d lineman plus the best over all both sides of the ball athlete in Senior Rb/Safety Jett. We will probaly start 10 seniors plus the sophomore on both sides of the ball. Several 3 to 4 year starters.

• Upvote 1

I just know those of us put in 6A & now back in 7A are super happy! Not nearly as much driving! Even during first batch of playoffs with Memphis 8A teams it’s better. And for our Dresden Lions, our non-region games ain’t no gimmies! Haven’t yet got a clue as to our players, 7 on 7’s, scrimmages, etc. I just know if any team sleeps on any other team.. they may be in for a rude awakening, right? I am fairly certain though our Lions will be ready this year.. one game at a time.. one at a time! GO BLACK & GOLD! 

Edited by HevyReturns

On 3/21/2023 at 8:21 PM, Sherdog said:

1 Dresden 2 Union city 3 Lake County 4 Halls in that order.

UC should take this region pretty easily. I think they will go on to win another gold ball for their trophy case. Dresden and Lake co in a toss up for the 2nd spot and then Halls.

16 hours ago, Waker said:

UC should take this region pretty easily. I think they will go on to win another gold ball for their trophy case. Dresden and Lake co in a toss up for the 2nd spot and then Halls.

Won't be anything easy in this region... Top three teams are loaded equally. Leaning towards Dresden based on experience we have coming back and Hodge has now had this group for 3 years. 

7A rivalries renewed!! No easy weeks makes teams better.

1. DHS - for those outsiders thinking we graduated our entire team, keep thinking that. Hodge & Co. ready for year 3.

2. UC. - always talented, physical play & good coaching. 

3.SF - better respect that air-raid they run. They may have to score 35+ to win games. But, they can. That's a well coached prideful young team over there. They could really be a force in '24.

4. LC or Humboldt. The 4 spot means no disrespect & is nothing to downplay here, this region is going to be a battle every week. All 4 teams that make the playoffs will be ready to make some noise.