Bearden High School is about to become a goliath in 6A.

4 hours ago, YoungBuck said:

Its people like you who glorify a coach that "lives in the gray" that have gotten high school football to the place it is where if a kid is unhappy with a current situation, they don't have to fight for a spot, there will be a coach out there to capitalize off of it instead of making the kid learn the valuable life lesson.  

Glorify this coach and coaches like him who seek the short term benefit rather than the life long ones for their own selfish reasons.  And say that everyone does it. Its sad that all of this is common place but when do you decide to stop acting like these "rodeos" are cool. Grow up peter pan 

Not trying to defend anyone's position here, but isn't that exactly what college football has become, especially in this NIL era? We shouldn't act surprised to see similar impacts at the prep level because we've allowed this to happen. Maybe not you specifically, but collectively, fans have forgotten that these are kids, and sports are a means to teach these kids those valuable life lessons that you mentioned.

We've allowed these changes to creep into football, and other sports, and there's no turning back.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, YoungBuck said:

Its people like you who glorify a coach that "lives in the gray" that have gotten high school football to the place it is where if a kid is unhappy with a current situation, they don't have to fight for a spot, there will be a coach out there to capitalize off of it instead of making the kid learn the valuable life lesson.  

Glorify this coach and coaches like him who seek the short term benefit rather than the life long ones for their own selfish reasons.  And say that everyone does it. Its sad that all of this is common place but when do you decide to stop acting like these "rodeos" are cool. Grow up peter pan 

Well, then, you must be new to Tennessee high school football because paying players to come to your school has been a thing for decades, not really to transfer; it's more middle school, finish middle school, and they come to said high school. Transferring schools has become a new thing. It's very risky, but of course they get away with it, and it's very profitable at the same time, especially in the city of Knoxville. Everyone has done it, and every team has done it. That’s high school football now. Unfortunately, I’m not saying let’s praise him because of his decisions, but you guys are acting like he doesn’t know what he’s doing. It's so easy to get past T$$A nowadays. Stop acting like this is a new thing.

19 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

How are the bulldogs going to fare this evening in their scrimmage against Clinton? Don't know a ton about either.

I live in Pigeon Forge, but I’ll try to make my way over, so I’ll keep you updated. It’s at 6 PM, I believe, and so far all I know is that Bearden’s star DB Chaz Smith is out along with Isaiah Harvey to massive losses for the offense and defense. However, I still think they will win. but I will definitely keep you updated, boss!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 9:35 AM, chsbobcat09 said:

Of all that rambling I just read, I agree with one thing. It’s definitely “business” when it comes to JJ :thumb:. I’m not discrediting the talent, but I’ll definitely question how some of it got to Bearden. All I’m saying.

I mean, you have to be fair to Bearden. There have been so many star players that have been zoned for Bearden High School but have gone to Farragut, West, Karns, Catholic, and Alcoa, just to name a few recently: Cade Mays Catholic, Cooper Mays Catholic, Joe Mccord Alcoa, DeSean Bishop Karns (but he moved, I’m pretty sure), Thomas Harper Karns, John Carlevato West, and Shannon Blair West That’s all I can think of right now, but I just find it pretty funny. I mean, all those people have left Bearden or were zoned but didn’t go. I mean, I understand that West is like 2 miles down the road, and I think any football player would do the same thing. At least I would. I wouldn’t stay at Bearden, but at the other schools. It’s just funny. I really don’t care, but Bearden is tired of losing good players, so they’re taking good players from every other high school.:roflol:

8 hours ago, Elias287 said:

I mean, you have to be fair to Bearden. There have been so many star players that have been zoned for Bearden High School but have gone to Farragut, West, Karns, Catholic, and Alcoa, just to name a few recently: Cade Mays Catholic, Cooper Mays Catholic, Joe Mccord Alcoa, DeSean Bishop Karns (but he moved, I’m pretty sure), Thomas Harper Karns, John Carlevato West, and Shannon Blair West That’s all I can think of right now, but I just find it pretty funny. I mean, all those people have left Bearden or were zoned but didn’t go. I mean, I understand that West is like 2 miles down the road, and I think any football player would do the same thing. At least I would. I wouldn’t stay at Bearden, but at the other schools. It’s just funny. I really don’t care, but Bearden is tired of losing good players, so they’re taking good players from every other high school.:roflol:

Yeah. 

Central never had an impact out of zone player or transfer come in you know. 

Some people can't see the forest for the trees. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Elias287 said:

I would check your info on some of the players you listed that you said were zoned for Bearden. (The Mays lived in Kingston not Bearden).  Carlevato started at Bearden as their QB his freshman year and got out of the dumpster fire that was Bearden football at the time, worked out for him pretty well. I do agree there has been some Good athletes that played at other schools that should have went to Bearden and now the opposite is happening with JJ as their coach. (I know 9 starters for them last year weren’t enrolled at Bearden the year before until JJ became the coach)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I would check your info on some of the players you listed that you said were zoned for Bearden. (The Mays lived in Kingston not Bearden).  Carlevato started at Bearden as their QB his freshman year and got out of the dumpster fire that was Bearden football at the time, worked out for him pretty well. I do agree there has been some Good athletes that played at other schools that should have went to Bearden and now the opposite is happening with JJ as their coach. (I know 9 starters for them last year weren’t enrolled at Bearden the year before until JJ became the coach)

And nobody will do anything about it from the AD's to the Head Coaches because of the unspoken rule. Decades of this in all sports not just football or boys sports.