Bearden High School is about to become a goliath in 6A.

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

I would check your info on some of the players you listed that you said were zoned for Bearden. (The Mays lived in Kingston not Bearden).  Carlevato started at Bearden as their QB his freshman year and got out of the dumpster fire that was Bearden football at the time, worked out for him pretty well. I do agree there has been some Good athletes that played at other schools that should have went to Bearden and now the opposite is happening with JJ as their coach. (I know 9 starters for them last year weren’t enrolled at Bearden the year before until JJ became the coach)

Oh well, one played middle school ball at Bearden, I think the younger one, which is Cooper, because there’s a picture or use to be a picture of him holding the Mac championship up on his Instagram.

1 hour ago, OutlawAngel said:

A little place called (whispers)…Farragut

I can promise you one thing. I’ve been following Knoxville football for a very long time, and I can tell you without a doubt that nobody from Bearden will be accepted into Farragut and vice versa. Any sport is a hockey match, and the only reason it’s not on the news is because it’s just common. I mean, there are no fists being thrown, sometimes there are, but in every single matchup, no matter what sport, there’s obvious hatred.

On 5/26/2023 at 9:19 AM, Elias287 said:

Oh well, one played middle school ball at Bearden, I think the younger one, which is Cooper, because there’s a picture or use to be a picture of him holding the Mac championship up on his Instagram.

Wrong again Big E. The Mays boys were Webb School of Knoxville students in middle school. Cade practiced his 8th grade year on the Webb varsity team, but didn't play on Friday nights. He just got to big for those middle school kids to go up against. Cooper played on the middle school team at Webb until he transferred to Catholic. Both were good young men that loved to hunt and fish.

On 5/27/2023 at 8:23 PM, Elias287 said:

I can promise you one thing. I’ve been following Knoxville football for a very long time, and I can tell you without a doubt that nobody from Bearden will be accepted into Farragut and vice versa. Any sport is a hockey match, and the only reason it’s not on the news is because it’s just common. I mean, there are no fists being thrown, sometimes there are, but in every single matchup, no matter what sport, there’s obvious hatred.

Big E sounds like you want to make a big splash on The T with a lot of bold statements. But the Facts say you are wrong. Football players from Bearden have transferred to Farragut many times. Graig Gray, Earnest Hartsell, the Washington brothers, and one really good RB from Farragut transferred to Bearden just to name a few. The RB has the distinction of scoring the winning TD in two BHS vs Farragut games. He scored the winning TD for Farragut his sophomore year and the winning TD for Bearden his Senior year. Who was that player Big E. I know his name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

Wrong again Big E. The Mays boys were Webb School of Knoxville students in middle school. Cade practiced his 8th grade year on the Webb varsity team, but didn't play on Friday nights. He just got to big for those middle school kids to go up against. Cooper played on the middle school team at Webb until he transferred to Catholic. Both were good young men that loved to hunt and fish.

Uhh Cooper Mays played football for Bearden middle in 8th grade…. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

Big E sounds like you want to make a big splash on The T with a lot of bold statements. But the Facts say you are wrong. Football players from Bearden have transferred to Farragut many times. Graig Gray, Earnest Hartsell, the Washington brothers, and one really good RB from Farragut transferred to Bearden just to name a few. The RB has the distinction of scoring the winning TD in two BHS vs Farragut games. He scored the winning TD for Farragut his sophomore year and the winning TD for Bearden his Senior year. Who was that player Big E. I know his name.

I can promise you that unless there’s a really, really good reason, nobody from Bearden high school is going to play at Farragut high school, and vice versa. I don’t know if any of those names you just listed must be people from back in the day, but when I started playing in 2017, that was a role, and that role still stands because we just got a transfer from Farragut. He’s not playing on the Bearden football team; he’s only doing track. That’s just how the world works. That’s how deep the rivalry is, and yes, you could say it’s because of TSAA, but if that were true, he wouldn’t have done track this semester at Bearden like he did last year at Farrgut.

Edited by Dawgz4life
  • Upvote 1

On 5/27/2023 at 8:23 PM, Elias287 said:

you act like those boys had loyalty for Bearden in the first place.  Point is, they didn't.

• Upvote 3