Bearden High School is about to become a goliath in 6A.

12 hours ago, 6AFootballKing said:

Bearden could easily beat Maryville especially this season. 

Easily?  

I am a Bearden alum with friends on the Bearden staff, but to say that they could "easily" beat Maryville is wishful thinking. 

Could they win the game?  Sure. We all saw the Cleveland score last year. But "easily" is quite a stretch  .

3 hours ago, YoungBuck said:

I'm just waiting to see how they handle to Gallaton situation....

Isn't the rule to vacate the previous residence completely? 

As far as I am aware, he and his mom moved down to Knoxville, and they were zoned for Bearden High School. It just happened; there’s no real conspiracy theory behind it. His mom had to move because of her job, and where she moved, their house is zoned for Bearden High School. Now, I’m sure Josh Jones played a key role in him not going to a school like Catholic or Webb, but the whole Bearden conspiracy is pretty stupid. He's zoned for the school, has completely moved from his old house, and has been attending Bearden since December.

• Sad 1

Just now, 6AFootballKing said:

As far as I am aware, he and his mom moved down to Knoxville, and they were zoned for Bearden High School. It just happened; there’s no real conspiracy theory behind it. His mom had to move because of her job, and where she moved, their house is zoned for Bearden High School. Now, I’m sure Josh Jones played a key role in him not going to a school like Catholic or Webb, but the whole Bearden conspiracy is pretty stupid. He's zoned for the school, has completely moved from his old house, and has been attending Bearden since December.

I think there is pretty good evidence his sister lives in the same house he moved from still currently which wouldn't be a boneafide move I don't believe. Also, I'm pretty sure he is just staying in his own apt. behind the school. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/2/2023 at 9:46 PM, 6AFootballKing said:

Whether you like to admit it or not, Oakland High School has been running 6A for the past few years, winning 4 out of the last 5 state championships. There’s always been one team to battle it out with Oakland, and that’s Maryville High School. The only other team that won a state championship in the last five years, however, I think there’s a new giant in 6A, and that’s Bearden High School in Region 2, yes, the same region as Maryville. Bearden High School is on the rise with an outstanding young class. Bearden is a very young team, but it does have some outstanding seniors as well. Purdue commits ATH Jaheim Merriweather in the backfield, along with ATH Sam Tummins, who has received interest from numerous coaches but only holds one offer as of right now from the University of Charlotte, is among many other seniors, including Cody Clough and Mugisha Ironside, who should also have a very big senior season. Moving on to junior third-year quarterback Drew Parrott, who looks to have a breakout season but may have solid competition with Seymour transfer Madden Guffey pulling it to compete for the quarterback battle for the upcoming season, Another junior who is soon to catch a lot of names and eyes is LB/RB. Kai Ironside, who transferred in from McCallie last season, had a big impact on the rushing game. With him switching to linebacker full-time for his junior season, he looks to have a breakout season at linebacker. Another junior who deserves a lot of attention is noseguard Boston Yeager, who stands at an intimidating 6'4 and 285 pounds, will have no problem filling the shoes of a very good defensive line last season and, last but not least, one of the best centers in Knoxville. Isaiah Harvey, who has received interest from multiple colleges and coaches, is another guy to keep an eye out on, moving onto sophomores. That’s where it gets fun talking about Bearden at 6'1 and 160. Chaz Smith , who has already received offers from Michigan, Louisville, Kentucky, Florida, and Arkansas, just to name a few, He is becoming one of the best defensive backs in his class (26). Moving onto the other side of the field as a DB, Keshawn Mills is starting to get a lot of attention from coaches and should be a guy to keep an eye on in the near future. Moving to the defensive line, sophomore Ethan Hill, who played some varsity last season as a freshman, will look to continue this for his sophomore season. He’s a guy to keep an eye on in the near future, moving onto offense. 26’ RB Jayzon Thompson, who has already received offers from the University of Miami, Ohio, and the University of Memphis, as well as interest from many other D1 colleges, He should have no problem running the ball for the next few years before moving on to the man with the key to the offense. Seymour transfer Madden Guffy, who has already received multiple looks from coaches, will look to battle it out with the two-year starter. Drew Parrot moving onto the line. Ton Brazelton, who stands at 6'3 and 315 pounds, should have no problem defending whichever quarterback wins the starting job, moving onto receivers. Tory Beaufort, who already has an offer from eastern Kentucky, may be the smallest player on the field. Standing at 5’8, he sure does play with the biggest heart on the field, and it is hard to bring him down, especially in open space. Another receiver to keep an eye on is Grant Cross, with these two holding already as sophomores by their senior year, they should have no problem leaving the defensive back in the dust. They also have some very good middle school coming in, which should have an immediate impact on varsity, receiver Tyler Thompson will look to live up to his brothers. Great legacy he’s had at Bearden, and Terry Beaufort, brother of 26’ WR Tory Beaufort, will continue his and his brothers' great journey at Bearden High School!

So that should give you an idea of why I and many other people think Bearden is the team of the future in 6A. They will still have to get past Oakland, which is no easy component, and play in Region 2 with teams like Bradley Central and Farragut and Maryville. It will be no easy task to make it past any of them but with this roster and second-year coach Josh Jones, who has already proven he means business. The dogs could be the team of the future in 6A.

Nice to meet you Coach Jones. You will still get ran by Oakland & Maryville. 

• Upvote 1