2021 Powell 5A State Championship

Elias287

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

I would go back and read his comment again.  He didn't compare Fawver to Nolan at all when it comes to talent or impact .  He said you can't compare how Fawver came to Central and how Nolan came to Powell

Sometimes I wonder if reading comprehension is still part of the curriculum taught in schools.  

I didn't compare Nolen with Fawver.  

Two different positions, two different players. 

Nor did I compare "how" each got to his destination, but if one believes that football didn't play a part in both getting where they ended up, then you are only lying to yourself.  

The point was that good players move sometimes and they make a difference wherever they go.  Anybody who saw Central pre Fawver and then with Fawver and believe that they had good enough QB play to win one, much less two, state championships, then again - they are only lying to themselves.  He was that kind of impact player at the most important position in football, especially at the high school level.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HTV said:

Sometimes I wonder if reading comprehension is still part of the curriculum taught in schools.  

Nor did I compare "how" each got to his destination, but if one believes that football didn't play a part in both getting where they ended up, then you are only lying to yourself.  

The point was that good players move sometimes and they make a difference wherever they go.  Anybody who saw Central pre Fawver and then with Fawver and believe that they had good enough QB play to win one, much less two, state championships, then again - they are only lying to themselves.  He was that kind of impact player at the most important position in football, especially at the high school level.  

And I'll go even further by saying that using Nolen so much on offense took some of his defensive efficiency away.  He looked tired too many times on defense.  

Powell was talented enough offensively that they didn't need a gimmick on that side of the ball, in my opinion. Nolen is a defensive player. 

And it was risking injury in a big way, and could ha e cost dearly had the injury in the semis against West been more severe. 

26 minutes ago, HTV said:

I guess the 2016 run never existed because we didn’t have a QB good enough according to what you just said :rolleyes:. Here’s the point, Dakota and his family made the decision to come to Central, wasn’t pressured by “adults”. Nolan was recruited and that’s a hill I’ll die on. The question is and always will be, what exactly was the draw? Because I’m sorry, but a 5* top player in the nation could go ANYWHERE if they wanted to. So why Powell TN? So he met a guy in middle school while playing in an event he puts on(which I find shady), your telling me they had such a good relationship he decided to come play for him 3-4 years after the fact and that was the ONLY reason? Bullbutter I’m not buying it.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, HTV said:

From you "And Powell isn't the first school to win a state championship after getting transfers in who played major roles

Perfect example, Knoxville Central won two after an eventual 2 time all state QB came over from Carter." 

You can't say you didn't compare Nolan and Fawver when you just compared a Transfer and the Major Roles they were and using Fawver as your example with Nolan.  Now if you would have left out the Perfect Example part out then i would agree with you weren't comparing. (And no I never said you compared them by position, talent, etc. but you did compare them on being transfers that played a major role for their new team.)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

From you "And Powell isn't the first school to win a state championship after getting transfers in who played major roles

Perfect example, Knoxville Central won two after an eventual 2 time all state QB came over from Carter." 

You can't say you didn't compare Nolan and Fawver when you just compared a Transfer and the Major Roles they were and using Fawver as your example with Nolan.  Now if you would have left out the Perfect Example part out then i would agree with you weren't comparing. (And no I never said you compared them by position, talent, etc. but you did compare them on being transfers that played a major role for their new team.)

Bingo! :thumb:

24 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Yes I can, and I did.  

And anybody with a functioning brain can understand that it wasn't a direct comparison as players, but a comparison of circumstances.  

It's simple reading comprehension and deductive reasoning.  

But die on that hill if you must.  

58 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I guess the 2016 run never existed because we didn’t have a QB good enough according to what you just said :rolleyes:. Here’s the point, Dakota and his family made the decision to come to Central, wasn’t pressured by “adults”. Nolan was recruited and that’s a hill I’ll die on. The question is and always will be, what exactly was the draw? Because I’m sorry, but a 5* top player in the nation could go ANYWHERE if they wanted to. So why Powell TN? So he met a guy in middle school while playing in an event he puts on(which I find shady), your telling me they had such a good relationship he decided to come play for him 3-4 years after the fact and that was the ONLY reason? Bullbutter I’m not buying it.

Don’t use facts with HandbookTV, it confuses him. 

43 minutes ago, Swipes said:

HandbookTV contradicts himself all the time, but hates when someone points it out. 

19 minutes ago, HTV said:

Yes I can, and I did.  

And anybody with a functioning brain can understand that it wasn't a direct comparison as players, but a comparison of circumstances.  

You really are stupid. Swipes did not mention a hill at all. chsbobcat09 was the one that said he would die on that hill. But you’ve said chsbobcat09 is on your ignore list. You are a clown and you have exposed yourself as the fraud that you are. Now go dehydrate some more meat you fraud. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HTV said:

Yes I can, and I did.  

When you use what you call a Perfect example of similar situations between two different players it’s comparing the players and their situation, you can’t be that obtuse or maybe you are.  (once again I didn’t say you compared talent etc just comparing two players that made an impact for their team in transferring.  Even if one moved across the state and the other moved in the same county and I don’t see that as a comparison of circumstances just FYI when Nolen could have played anywhere in the country his Senior year and he ends up at Powell)

Once again if you would have left out the Perfect Example and threw out Fawvre then I would agree with you but that’s not what you did.  

Die on the hill of saying you didn’t compare if you must but your not fooling anyone on here.  :thumb:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Swipes said:

When you use what you call a Perfect example of similar situations between two different players it’s comparing the players and their situation, you can’t be that obtuse or maybe you are.  (once again I didn’t say you compared talent etc just comparing two players that made an impact for their team in transferring.  Even if one moved across the state and the other moved in the same county and I don’t see that as a comparison of circumstances just FYI when Nolen could have played anywhere in the country his Senior year and he ends up at Powell)

Once again if you would have left out the Perfect Example and threw out Fawvre then I would agree with you but that’s not what you did.  

Die on the hill of saying you didn’t compare if you must but your not fooling anyone on here.  :thumb:

Get a grip on reality.