2021 Powell 5A State Championship

Elias287

35 minutes ago, HTV said:

Get a grip on reality. 

Somehow I made a form about Powell, which was answered, then it was turned into a gang attack against HTV. It sounds like they’re just fans.:lol:

In the wise words of Michael Jordan to Kobe Bryant, "you can put my shoes on all you want, but you will never fill them."

Edited by Elias287

8 hours ago, Elias287 said:

Somehow I made a form about Powell, which was answered, then it was turned into a gang attack against HTV. It sounds like they’re just fans.:lol:

In the wise words of Michael Jordan to Kobe Bryant, "you can put my shoes on all you want, but you will never fill them."

With some people you can tell them that the sky is blue and water is wet and they want to argue with you. 

I've found the "ignore" feature on this forum very enlightening. 

Edited by HTV
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I guess the 2016 run never existed because we didn’t have a QB good enough according to what you just said :rolleyes:. Here’s the point, Dakota and his family made the decision to come to Central, wasn’t pressured by “adults”. Nolan was recruited and that’s a hill I’ll die on. The question is and always will be, what exactly was the draw? Because I’m sorry, but a 5* top player in the nation could go ANYWHERE if they wanted to. So why Powell TN? So he met a guy in middle school while playing in an event he puts on(which I find shady), your telling me they had such a good relationship he decided to come play for him 3-4 years after the fact and that was the ONLY reason? Bullbutter I’m not buying it.

So you're still upset and all in the feels because Walter in his choosing to go "anywhere" chose Powell. Not just Walter but his brother too... the relationship with Walls, the recruitment of Tennessee at the time. The energy the Powell program had at the time... seems like he chose Powell for the same reasons some choose Catholic or Maryville from out of this area. Exposure, playing with other athletes and the connection to the coaches. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

So you're still upset and all in the feels because Walter in his choosing to go "anywhere" chose Powell. Not just Walter but his brother too... the relationship with Walls, the recruitment of Tennessee at the time. The energy the Powell program had at the time... seems like he chose Powell for the same reasons some choose Catholic or Maryville from out of this area. Exposure, playing with other athletes and the connection to the coaches. 

Don't even try.  He's not capable of being rational and reasonable.  

And the family of the QB he's referencing chose to go to Central after looking at several school options and areas, no matter what he says.  That happened.  

And I will never say that I blame them for it.  Bryson was a great football coach, and a dynamic personality.  It was the best choice for that family, and as I have said many times before, I am all for parental choice in education for their kids.  Parents know better than anybody else what is best for their children.  

• Like 1

"Could" Powell have won the title in 2021 without Walter? Yup. That offense was loaded. I'm not sure that they "would" have without him though. If we're gonna play this game, I think a similar argument could also be made for Powell in 2010. Would they have won it at all that year if Dy'shawn Mobley had played in November? Again, we'll never know, but I'd like to think so.

Walter took their defense from mediocre to very good, once he got into game shape, which took the better part of the regular season. His addition gave them a huge advantage against a team like West (as opposed to someone like Page), who didn't really have the ability to stretch the field and just wanted to run the ball down your throat.

11 hours ago, Elias287 said:

Get used to it lol

3 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Upset? Lol not hardly, I just want someone to grow a set a tell why he really came to Powell. Was it a deal struck with UT that ended up going south? Or something else? Because the reasons I gave in my previous comment like I said, No way. And I GUARANTEE it wasn’t a “parental choice of education.”:roflol:

20 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Upset? Lol not hardly, I just want someone to grow a set a tell why he really came to Powell. Was it a deal struck with UT that ended up going south? Or something else? Because the reasons I gave in my previous comment like I said, No way. And I GUARANTEE it wasn’t a “parental choice of education.”:roflol:

Two years later and you are still stuck on "why he really came to Powell."  You seriously need to get a life.  

After Powell beats you this year without Nolan, are you going to be fixated on that as well? 

Some people choose to live in a fantasy world. 

You are trying to reason with one of them, and he's just not capable of rational thought and reason. 

And an edit:

Somebody is too blind to reality to understand that choice in education isn't just about what building you choose to sit in a classroom and learn from a book or lecture.  Choices of which school is best to attend are also based on factors other than just academics.  Sports, arts, extracurricular activities, and opportunities outside of the classrooms are just as important in choosing a school as are academics.  

Edited by HTV