Free Throw and Foul Changes for the Coming Year

boyfromsi

On 5/15/2023 at 12:44 PM, boyfromsi said:

So the fouls will be like college I guess right?? Don’t know the number of fouls per quarter but college is similar I believe. Will be interesting. 

36 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

So the fouls will be like college I guess right?? Don’t know the number of fouls per quarter but college is similar I believe. Will be interesting. 

I think each team will receive four fouls to give in each quarter. The fifth foul will result in two shots. I think this is actually good for the game.

45 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Yes, like Try wrote 4 per quarter, then subsequent fouls gives 2 shots.  Fouls reset at each quarter.  Just like college, I expect the shot clock will be implemented soon if schools can afford to take on the cost.

8 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

This new free-throw rule is looney. It is completely false that this new rule will cut down on rough play during rebounding after free throws. I simply don't see the logic of it at all

I don't see that either.  Most injuries that I have seen in the game come from layups.