Best stadium in the state?

Elias287

What’s the best stadium in Tennessee? I always thought it was a private school, but I was shocked to find out schools like Dobbins Bennett and Gallatin have college-level stadiums, so I just have to ask, in your guys opinion, what’s the best stadium in the state?

(Everywhere not just 6A-5A.)

11 hours ago, Elias287 said:

What’s the best stadium in Tennessee? I always thought it was a private school, but I was shocked to find out schools like Dobbins Bennett and Gallatin have college-level stadiums, so I just have to ask, in your guys opinion, what’s the best stadium in the state?

(Everywhere not just 6A-5A.)

most of the privates I have been to are nice but often the visitors side is the knock.  BA doesn't even have one.  Father Ryan is tiny.  CPA has a huge home side but their visitors side is small and a dead end (only one way in or out).   out of the ones I have been to, i give the best private to LA.  LA's stadium is great but smaller visitors side (LA has visitor's parking right by their section which is nice).  LOTS of roads in and out so no traffic jam after.

I thought oakland had a nice stadium but we packed the house and could have used more room.  definite home field advantage with a raging student section.  press box was tiny though.

42 minutes ago, Doppelganger said:

Even though it is only one sided, I have always like Cumberland County stadium.  Sevier County has a unique set up as well.  Dickson County is huge on both sides without a bad seat in the house.  

I’m partial to sevier county myself. It’s not the same since they took the crown out, but the bigger tv is nice. I know everyone says db, but their visitor side blows.  We have stadium seating with concessions and bathrooms on the visitor side, Dolly knows how to treat her guests. I will say I do miss getting the souvenir cup when getting a coke. Now it’s just a generic plastic bottle you can get at any gas station. Since everyone at 1200 Dolly Parton parkway and 226 cedar street reads this I’ll say it again. Bring back the plastic cups. When Murph orders a coke and a hot dog at Burchfiel stadium Murph wants his coke in a purple plastic cup with a white bear and sponsoring businesses on the side. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MurphyCollege said:

I’m partial to sevier county myself. It’s not the same since they took the crown out, but the bigger tv is nice. I know everyone says db, but their visitor side blows.  We have stadium seating with concessions and bathrooms on the visitor side, Dolly knows how to treat her guests. I will say I do miss getting the souvenir cup when getting a coke. Now it’s just a generic plastic bottle you can get at any gas station. Since everyone at 1200 Dolly Parton parkway and 226 cedar street reads this I’ll say it again. Bring back the plastic cups. When Murph orders a coke and a hot dog at Burchfiel stadium Murph wants his coke in a purple plastic cup with a white bear and sponsoring businesses on the side. 

I must say I like Sevier County's stadium more after the huge crown was taken out.  It was nice for a running team but also would screw over more pass heavy teams since no other field had that amount of crown on it. It was the reason Morristown West (Heavy Run team) chose to play there against Greeneville (A heavy pass team) back in 2002 during the Quarter Finals since Burke-Toney was a mud pit with both high schools and all the middle school games played on it during the season.  Standing on the sideline you could only see half a person on the other teams sideline with how big that crown was.

I agree DB has terrible Visitor seating but the home side is super nice!

• Upvote 1

Places I have been recently:

1. Baylor....just a picturesque setting in an old school stadium...surrounded by tall pine trees

2. Ravenwood...incredible setting surrounded by the hills

3.  McCallie...I add McCallie for the views of the Smoky Mountains from the visitors' side

4.  Alcoa...has been a while but another picturesque East TN venue

1 minute ago, Navy21412 said:

Places I have been recently:

1. Baylor....just a picturesque setting in an old school stadium...surrounded by tall pine trees

2. Ravenwood...incredible setting surrounded by the hills

3.  McCallie...I add McCallie for the views of the Smoky Mountains from the visitors' side

4.  Alcoa...has been a while but another picturesque East TN venue

Heritage is quite awesome facing the mountains in October especially.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MurphyCollege said:

Have to give credit to Father Ryan, they are the last of anyone I can recall that still serves fountain cokes in plastic souvenir cups at the concessions stand.  Everyone else pretty much gone the way of the plastic bottles. 

• Upvote 1