Best stadium in the state?

Elias287

I might be partial but Burley Stadium is a beautiful venue to watch a game as long as you aren't scared by the cannon that goes off after every Greene Devil TD. Ample seating for both home and away, brick and rod iron around the stadium now, just redid the turf, and added a video board in the past couple of years.

https://www2.gcschools.net/apps/video/watch.jsp?v=186012 (Video of the Stadium)

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

I'm partial to Neyland Stadium now they put the party deck in as the best in the state. 

Way over rated on the Party Deck.  I have two season tickets 25 rows up from the field thats right below the party deck and was cheaper than 1 ticket to the party deck.  Why pay for liquor when you can sneak it in :lol:

• Upvote 2

Brand new school but Liberty Creek in Sumner Co. is fabulous. Grass playing surface is below street level, players enter down turf covered end zone ramp between terraced grass camp chair seating. Large home stands with big press box. More than ample visiting stands. Plenty of sideline room, brick posts with rod iron fencing around the field. 

Giles Co, Monterey, CPA, Ensworth all have great features also.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Swipes said:

I must say I like Sevier County's stadium more after the huge crown was taken out.  It was nice for a running team but also would screw over more pass heavy teams since no other field had that amount of crown on it. It was the reason Morristown West (Heavy Run team) chose to play there against Greeneville (A heavy pass team) back in 2002 during the Quarter Finals since Burke-Toney was a mud pit with both high schools and all the middle school games played on it during the season.  Standing on the sideline you could only see half a person on the other teams sideline with how big that crown was.

I agree DB has terrible Visitor seating but the home side is super nice!

Crown was also good if you throw a lot of screens. I remember looking across the field and you knew someone was big if you could see below their shoulders. 

And Kingsport obviously doesn’t know about hospitality. Dolly>Thom

Edited by MurphyCollege

19 hours ago, Navy21412 said:

Have to give credit to Father Ryan, they are the last of anyone I can recall that still serves fountain cokes in plastic souvenir cups at the concessions stand.  Everyone else pretty much gone the way of the plastic bottles. 

I may have to convert after reading this. It wouldn’t be the first time a smoky bear converted under the current purple and white regime. The first integrated school in the state of Franklin and still sell fountain cokes in souvenir cups at gridiron games. Alphonse, Francis, and Paul have much to be proud of. Abram should have done better though.  Ol Murph may have to visit oak hill this fall and get a souvenir cup. 

Edited by MurphyCollege

18 hours ago, Swipes said:

I might be partial but Burley Stadium is a beautiful venue to watch a game as long as you aren't scared by the cannon that goes off after every Greene Devil TD. Ample seating for both home and away, brick and rod iron around the stadium now, just redid the turf, and added a video board in the past couple of years.

https://www2.gcschools.net/apps/video/watch.jsp?v=186012 (Video of the Stadium)

It’s not the same as a cannon, but the folks at Joan’s borough like to shoot bottle rockets after they score. A couple years ago the smoky bears played at Joan’s borough with a DC they got from kodak. Joan ran out of fireworks from scoring so much on that Swiss cheese defense the coach from kodak implemented. 

18 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Hampton (2A) .....  If you sit on the visitor side in the fall the mountains in the background are stunning

I’m sure sevier county will be playing 2A Hampton soon as long as fairgardens finest is in charge. Apparently scheduling smaller schools is how you JustDoItRight