Is RUCO football overrated?

Back when it was 7AAA there were years where all of those teams at one point or another was making deep runs. Now that all of that talent is mainly going to one school in particular, you see how unbeatable they look in 6A ball. That is what I was telling folks 10 years ago when the select  7AAA team would go play Maryville every year and lose a close matchup in the Semis. The talent was being divided up way more in the Boro across that many schools vs what was getting divided up in Maryville. 

Smyrna, Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman and Siegel all had some really good years at one point or another back then. 

32 minutes ago, AllSidesEqualBoro said:

Always hearing the “SEC” of HS football. But I guess they are…. Oakland is AL/GA then everyone else.

Also just seen your "slight" at the SEC there at the end. Every Power 5 college conference has good & bad teams. SEC just has more good teams, and less bad teams than whatever your favorite conference is. Deal with it. 

On 5/19/2023 at 1:04 PM, AllSidesEqualBoro said:

Always hearing the “SEC” of HS football. But I guess they are…. Oakland is AL/GA then everyone else.

There are Eight 6A schools in Rutherford County. Let's hypothetically put one in each of the state's 8 regions. How many would win or finish runner's up in that region? I think RuCo can hold it's own. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GoPats2019 said:

There are Eight 6A schools in Rutherford County. Let's hypothetically put one in each of the state's 8 regions. How many would win or finish runner's up in that region? I think RuCo can hold it's own. 

Any given year, any given team.  1st or 2nd every year in every region…no.  But they can hold their own.