Walker Valley head coach, and coaching staff suspended for drinking at school function.

1.  If school officials are drinking on school property or at a school function that is wrong!

2.  Assuming that WV charged $10.00 per person to enter the game that would only be 1000 fans for a playoff game.  Only 1000 fans for a high school football playoff game is a major problem in and of itself.

3.  Everyone is always told how high the catastrophic insurance is for high school football but to the best of my knowledge no one has ever been shown the invoice from the insurance company.  If the insurance premiums are so expensive then how are the youth football leagues able to afford the premiums?  What about the many middle schools that are not part of the TMSAA and the school district is forced to purchase catastrophic insurance on their own?  Simply put, the TSSAA should receive a great group rate and maybe a national rate through the national federation.  I am not buying the catastrophic insurance BS.

4 hours ago, cbg said:

1.  If school officials are drinking on school property or at a school function that is wrong!

2.  Assuming that WV charged $10.00 per person to enter the game that would only be 1000 fans for a playoff game.  Only 1000 fans for a high school football playoff game is a major problem in and of itself.

3.  Everyone is always told how high the catastrophic insurance is for high school football but to the best of my knowledge no one has ever been shown the invoice from the insurance company.  If the insurance premiums are so expensive then how are the youth football leagues able to afford the premiums?  What about the many middle schools that are not part of the TMSAA and the school district is forced to purchase catastrophic insurance on their own?  Simply put, the TSSAA should receive a great group rate and maybe a national rate through the national federation.  I am not buying the catastrophic insurance BS.

You are on to something with number 3. Million dollar policies for our youth baseball travel teams was about $150 per team. Like everything else, I’m sure it is higher now, but it should not be breaking the bank.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, strongx said:

You are on to something with number 3. Million dollar policies for our youth baseball travel teams was about $150 per team. Like everything else, I’m sure it is higher now, but it should not be breaking the bank.

Per the TSSAA website you have 343 teams playing high school football.  If the cost of catastrophic insurance was $1000.00 per team (I have a difficult time believing that it would cost that much) that cost should be passed along to the schools.  

4 hours ago, chs1984 said:

When i was in Tennessee the gate from the district jamborees was used to pay for catastrophic insurance. Of course, I am sure it was cheaper back then.

Most people that are familiar with purchasing commercial insurance know that the TSSAA is blowing smoke up everyone's backside with regards to how much catastrophic insurance is for high school football.

Edited by cbg

• 2 weeks later...