Best Games To Catch Game in Tennessee (3A+4A)

Hello! Not a bot or spam situation, getting a project going finding the best places to catch games in Tennessee with the mid-size schools.

Reasons why, traditions, food, pictures, can be today or in the past, any details would be great, thanks. -OA

Edited by OutlawAngel

Greeneville vs Alcoa this year will be a great game to catch.  Alcoa is the defensing 3a State Champs and Greeneville is always in the running for a title in 4a and have more 4a championships than any other program since Tennessee went to 6 classifications. Greeneville and Elizabethton will be another good one and a long time Rivalry.

https://greenevillefootball.com/

https://www2.gcschools.net/apps/video/watch.jsp?v=186012

Anderson County has the best show in TN HS Football, and this year they (4A state champs) host West (5A state Champs).  That's a game I've already penciled in to watch.  

The Alcoa (3A state champs) at West will be a great game too.  Last year's match-up was unbelievable.  However, the venue and the fireworks show aren't near as good.

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2023 at 10:01 AM, ILB1999 said:

Anderson County has the best show in TN HS Football, and this year they (4A state champs) host West (5A state Champs).  That's a game I've already penciled in to watch.  

The Alcoa (3A state champs) at West will be a great game too.  Last year's match-up was unbelievable.  However, the venue and the fireworks show aren't near as good.

Fireworks at a high school football game is just dumb. Not to mention only having stands on one side of the field. AC overrated venue! 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Random1234 said:

Many do or try to do fireworks. But at Anderson County they take it to a different level. Something I have not seen anywhere. Appropriately called The Greatest Show on turf. Add a State Championship and you have heaven. Back to Back Championships would be just insane! 

But I could agree, having an opponent stands would be nice. I think consolidation of school back then we're budget minded. But its never too late to add one. 

7 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Many do or try to do fireworks. But at Anderson County they take it to a different level. Something I have not seen anywhere. Appropriately called The Greatest Show on turf. Add a State Championship and you have heaven. Back to Back Championships would be just insane! 

But I could agree, having an opponent stands would be nice. I think consolidation of school back then we're budget minded. But its never too late to add one. 

I will admit that when it comes to fireworks AC definitely does the best job with them.  I enjoyed them up until last year in the play-offs :lol:

For them to add a visiting side is going to be super tough with how its laid out now.  You have the lights right up on the track thats around the football field, a big video/score board between those lights right in the center, and then it slopes off to the fence.  You would need to build that area up with dirt, move the lights  back behind the bleachers, relocate the video/score board, and move the fence back to be able to fit stands in there that would fit a 4a school.

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

I will admit that when it comes to fireworks AC definitely does the best job with them.  I enjoyed them up until last year in the play-offs :lol:

For them to add a visiting side is going to be super tough with how its laid out now.  You have the lights right up on the track thats around the football field, a big video/score board between those lights right in the center, and then it slopes off to the fence.  You would need to build that area up with dirt, move the lights  back behind the bleachers, relocate the video/score board, and move the fence back to be able to fit stands in there that would fit a 4a school.

I soo total agree. That's a major job. But it's done everywhere in construction. I seen worse housing constructions that I thought should or could not be done and they did it. But of course you know the one thing is cost. Is it cost worth?. Well a Back to Back State Championship could move in the right direction. Haha

49 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I soo total agree. That's a major job. But it's done everywhere in construction. I seen worse housing constructions that I thought should or could not be done and they did it. But of course you know the one thing is cost. Is it cost worth?. Well a Back to Back State Championship could move in the right direction. Haha

Need to get it done soon. Alcoa's population growth pushing the High School close to a move to 4A, and I don't see the F5 slowing down the destruction...............

image.png.f543ed6e63f29c61adf85f23945b8842.png

• Upvote 1