Bobby Sharp

fredjones

Was he not able to get out of contracts with competitive teams? Administration not allow that to happen?

@BIGPURPLEMACHINEhe going over there to resurrect the once proud but downtrodden Milan team to get them back to the Ship? Been three years since Covid gifted y’all your last shot. Gotta be tough losing all those games.

Why didn’t @tradertwo let us know this was going to happen.

The wheels really came off the wagon during that Giles game last year. This truly comes at no surprise!

On a side note about Hohenwald, and one simply cannot make this Jerry Springer/Maury Povich stuff up! Word on the street as @tradertwo puts it, is that the former director of schools down there retired last year because the school board was not going to renew his contract. So, in effect, and I’m just guessing here, it had something to do with Sharp. Either the director was not able to keep Sharp and people were ticked and that caused the contract issue or Sharp left because he didn’t have his primary backer. (Not sure who left first) Anyway, the crazy thing is, the word going around is the former director is running for school board on the platform that if elected, he will fire the new director of schools (his replacement)! I would say something like “you can’t make this stuff up” but coming from a town that takes pride in a football program that schedules little ole 1A teams like Collinwood and Waynesboro (but only when they are down) and basketball schools such as Unionville or zero for sixty big bad 5A Spring Hill, what does one expect?

What are the odds the former director of schools is elected to the school board, runs the new director out, comes back and hires Sharp back? 

Will this be an ESPN 30 for 30?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Was he not able to get out of contracts with competitive teams? Administration not allow that to happen?

@BIGPURPLEMACHINEhe going over there to resurrect the once proud but downtrodden Milan team to get them back to the Ship? Been three years since Covid gifted y’all your last shot. Gotta be tough losing all those games.

The wheels really came off the wagon during that Giles game last year. This truly comes at no surprise!

On a side note about Hohenwald, and one simply cannot make this Jerry Springer/Maury Povich stuff up! Word on the street as @tradertwo puts it, is that the former director of schools down there retired last year because the school board was not going to renew his contract. So, in effect, and I’m just guessing here, it had something to do with Sharp. Either the director was not able to keep Sharp and people were ticked and that caused the contract issue or Sharp left because he didn’t have his primary backer. (Not sure who left first) Anyway, the crazy thing is, the word going around is the former director is running for school board on the platform that if elected, he will fire the new director of schools (his replacement)! I would say something like “you can’t make this stuff up” but coming from a town that takes pride in a football program that schedules little ole 1A teams like Collinwood and Waynesboro (but only when they are down) and basketball schools such as Unionville or zero for sixty big bad 5A Spring Hill, what does one expect?

What are the odds the former director of schools is elected to the school board, runs the new director out, comes back and hires Sharp back? 

Sounds to me as if you're the one who has had this situation under a microscope since Sharp was hired, so why didn't you let everyone know that this was going to happen? Nice try twisting what I stated about posting things that were not my concern too, as I've never said that I was privileged to inside information, just that I wouldn't post what I felt should be left for those involved to make public when and if they chose to. I really wish that I had known a little sooner that Sharp had made the decision to leave Columbia...maybe he wouldn't have already selected his next position before we called to see if he would be interested in coming here.

• Sad 1

Say what you want.Coach Sharp is in Hall Of Fame.Yes him and Director are close.Coach Sharp is a great guy.Ive known him longer than anyone on this site.And  a lot of schools would love to have him.Glad him and his wife getting close to home and his and her family.

Edited by mrbigster

33 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Say what you want.Coach Sharp is in Hall Of Fame.Yes him and Director are close.Coach Sharp is a great guy.Ive known him longer than anyone on this site.And  a lot of schools would love to have him.Glad him and his wife getting close to home and his and her family.

Is he taking another job or just retiring to deal with his farm?

On 5/24/2023 at 10:23 PM, tradertwo said:

Sounds to me as if you're the one who has had this situation under a microscope since Sharp was hired, so why didn't you let everyone know that this was going to happen? Nice try twisting what I stated about posting things that were not my concern too, as I've never said that I was privileged to inside information, just that I wouldn't post what I felt should be left for those involved to make public when and if they chose to. I really wish that I had known a little sooner that Sharp had made the decision to leave Columbia...maybe he wouldn't have already selected his next position before we called to see if he would be interested in coming here.

Oh now, trader, I’m just jostling with you for the “banter”.  It’s the offseason, man. Not much else going on.

On 5/24/2023 at 8:00 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Or maybe, just maybe, you have no idea what you are talking about! Since you think you know everything about Coach Sharp, did you ever think it could be something else in Coach Sharp's life that would cause him to move back to his wife's hometown, other than football.