McNairy Central wins first team state championship

Macnarry

On 5/28/2023 at 8:26 AM, sportsfan53ray said:

No media coverage for this area. Jackson Sun no longer has a sports reporter. Articles written from long distance. McNairy was under the radar. Played in three tournaments in Alabama. Seven senior starters will be missed. Freshman pitcher and freshman outfielder will be the old hands. Several good eighth graders moving up to join them along with a few other returning freshmen. Future looks bright.

Good to see Lexington's slugger move on to Austin Peay. Think that she had about 25 home runs last season and maybe 26 this season. Probably top 15 nationally.

It's tough nowadays. You can't figure out which team is going to be good. Didn't realized Bruceton made it to the state tournament in softball. First time they have made it in 30 years. That's impressive for Coach Williams and his team! I assumed Scotts Hill and either Adamsville/Riverside will make it, it's a guarantee due to postseason region for them.

Was this year (or even last year) Lexington team better than the 2017 Lexington team? 

The media coverage isn't going to get better. WBBJ won't help either because they want their guy in the studio for his 6 PM broadcast (which is when teams are playing). He needs to get out and coverage as well. We're going to have a dominate pitcher in softball and one school will have a dominate pitcher in baseball, and they're both freshman. Just hope they can get appropriate coverage, as well as the other amazing athletes. 

Madison won state in soccer, but didn't realized they made it to the championship game. I don't expect them to get any recognition because it's Madison and not South Side... That's how things go in Jackson.

On 5/30/2023 at 5:48 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

It's tough nowadays. You can't figure out which team is going to be good. Didn't realized Bruceton made it to the state tournament in softball. First time they have made it in 30 years. That's impressive for Coach Williams and his team! I assumed Scotts Hill and either Adamsville/Riverside will make it, it's a guarantee due to postseason region for them.

Was this year (or even last year) Lexington team better than the 2017 Lexington team? 

The media coverage isn't going to get better. WBBJ won't help either because they want their guy in the studio for his 6 PM broadcast (which is when teams are playing). He needs to get out and coverage as well. We're going to have a dominate pitcher in softball and one school will have a dominate pitcher in baseball, and they're both freshman. Just hope they can get appropriate coverage, as well as the other amazing athletes. 

Madison won state in soccer, but didn't realized they made it to the championship game. I don't expect them to get any recognition because it's Madison and not South Side... That's how things go in Jackson.

Don’t put us in this! We get no love from no news outlet in Jackson! 

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Don’t put us in this! We get no love from no news outlet in Jackson! 

I'm not referring to the media outlets in Jackson. I'm referring to the school system/city of Jackson (I'll admit, I should've been more clear on that). USJ won state championship in girls soccer for two seasons in a row, and the city doesn't give two flips about it. No recognition at all. Madison won the state championships in boys soccer, and I guarantee you nothing will happen from the school system/city (other than pat on the back). We all know South Side won the girls state championship and we have parades and such things like "on this day we honor the South Side girls basketball team." throughout the city of Jackson.

I'm not taking anything away from the title, but I'm referring to the school system/city is more obsessed with South Side more than any other public/private school in the city of Jackson. If you disagree (which you might) then I'll recommend you taking your black and red hat off.

9 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I'm not referring to the media outlets in Jackson. I'm referring to the school system/city of Jackson (I'll admit, I should've been more clear on that). USJ won state championship in girls soccer for two seasons in a row, and the city doesn't give two flips about it. No recognition at all. Madison won the state championships in boys soccer, and I guarantee you nothing will happen from the school system/city (other than pat on the back). We all know South Side won the girls state championship and we have parades and such things like "on this day we honor the South Side girls basketball team." throughout the city of Jackson.

I'm not taking anything away from the title, but I'm referring to the school system/city is more obsessed with South Side more than any other public/private school in the city of Jackson. If you disagree (which you might) then I'll recommend you taking your black and red hat off.

Well in my opinion all should have been celebrated the same! Which up until a few years ago USJ was the only school public or private in Jackson! Then Michael Odom left & then the cover spread out more evenly. Now we have a few news outlet in Jackson that only covers jackson instead of all the surrounding counties, I like this a lot more! I will never take my black & red of its South Side for life! And maybe every other school in Jackson better get them a mayor that is an alum! #ScottConger for reelection