Boyd-Buchanan...good team?

bucbasketball43

evidently chism you are one of those people who will never see anyone elses point of view. Pesonally that is fine with me, bc if you want to wrong in your facts and evaluations you aren't hurting Boyd bball at all. We honestly don't care if anyone thinks we are good or not, we could care less. We aren't going to play to get your respect, but when we play hard and hustle harder than anyone else than you will be wrong in your evaluation. Have you even seen a game yet. I know vball and bopperbird pesonally and they have been to all of the games, before and after football players where back. I think they may have a better idea of how the season is going to go. But i'm sure nothing is going to change your mind.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd9 I really am not sure what you are talking about. I am not down on your program. It is just going to be a tough year for you guys. I think that you should concentrate on developing the younger guys in the program and forget about the older boys. I know for a fact that the Freshman class this year is the most dedicated that has come through that school in a while. I am just giving an honest evaluation and if you prove that evaluation wrong I will be the first to admit that I was wrong. In two years Boyd will have a great team, but not this year. Who said that I have not seen you play this year. I know a lot about this years team at Boyd. You guys keep thinking that I am stupid and then Bopperbird even says that I can't play. I have proven that I am very educated about single A ball in Chattanooga and I am not uneducated. You are right about one thing that you have written.If you play for anyone but the guys next to you; you are playing for the wrong reason!!

You are not downing Boyd? All you've been saying is how bad our players are and how our 96 team got lucky going 30-2. Come on. Any team that loses just 2 games is not lucky. That's stupid to say that. Now if a team lost more then 5 I might have to agree, but just 2 is rediculous to say that. I've watched this team and they may not have the talent that other teams have, but they have players that try harder then most if not all. The effort that they put in can win them a state title this year. I'm not saying they will win it, but don't be surprised if they don't.

You guys always talk about how hard your team plays and how they work harder than any other team. Who are you kidding? Boyd has been out worked by Temple for the past two years and even Grace has been able to out work you at some points. Stop talking about how hard they work, because that type of Boyd ball died with the '97 team. Working hard also includes working smart and that is where Boyd has been lacking over the past several years.

About the '96 team. Their Coach won that title not the players. Ask any of the 5 or 6 guys that actually played and they will agree with me. I agree that they were a great team, but the credit goes to the incredible coaching. Put those boys with an average coach or even a good coach and they don't get out of the region.

Guest 04ohs04

Chism you seriously need to get something straight. No crap it takes a good coach to win state and one of the best coaches in the state hasn't won a title but for your remark of guard play you will know about this. In '96 Oakland High School beat the number 1 team in 3-A in the first round and really didn't have a post. They had guards and good ones. They had Gerald King who was a great talent and could have played major D-1 matter of fact was going to but he dont have the best head on his shoulders and they also had a 3 point shooter named Michael Couey and a great point guard that was small but hustled and his name was Ricky Swader. Now they didn't win the state that year and never have that year they lost to Tony Harris. This proves though you don't have to have a threat in the post just ask some other people like Blackman High School who went to regions on there amount of guard play and Shelbyville went to state on guard play so don't give all this post stuff just save it. And hey boyd has always had athletes and I would rather have a athlete than a 70% shooter because athletes make big plays and win big games.

Who are you? You obviously did not read your own post. You just helped prove a point that post play is imperative to win a State Championship. None of the teams that you mentioned won!!! Who said anything about athletes and a 70% shooter? Next time read your message before you actully post it.

Guest 04ohs04

ok did white station have a great post game? no the best post game in the state last year in AAA was Bradley Central and they didn't win. all you are doing is knocking on boyd saying they aren't good this year and saying people are idiots cause they think they are. well hey if they don't believe who will? if they believe thats good enough cause heart and determination wins ball games if you have heart you have the best chance in the world to win. i know that boyd basketball hasn't been the best in the past but i guarntee those 7 seniors have worked hard and determined to win it all this year so we will see in march!!!!!!!!!!!

ok chism we have 7 seniors, 5 are starters why would this be a rebuilding year? 5 senior starters on a team is usually not a rebuilding year. A rebuilding year is when a team has 1 or less senior starter. This isn't a rebuilding year. And your "facts" about the dedicated freshmen is absolutely correct but they aren't any more dedicated than any other class that is on the team right now. True that there is alot more freshmen on the team but that doesn't mean that they are better or would have more success on varsity level than 5 senior starters. What proof would you have that Boyd basketball is not all dedicated as you can be? Boyd basketball rarely gets out hustled by anyone. What do you mean we have been out hustled by grace and tyner? We have already beat them this year once with the seniors only having 1 practice before tyner and no practices before grace. If you have watched a Boyd game who did you see it against? How would you say this is a rebuilding year?

Congrats to the Bucs on a great start, 7-1! I am very proud of you. Keep it up! Awesome game at Gordon Lee Friday night.--5 players in double figures (and two others had 7 points)--TEAMWORK at its best! Do good on your exams. I am looking forward to watching the game Thurs. You guys are a lot of fun to watch! GO BUCS! ;)

I have not called anyone an idiot or any other name. I have questioned a few people's knowledge of the subject.

Boyd9, I never said that Tyner out works you, but Temple does out work you. Boyd's most promising talent is in the 9th and 10th grade. That is why it is a rebuilding year. You can have a good season and still be rebuilding. If you keep winning ball games then I will eat my words. So far I think that you guys have exceeded expectations, but a run at the title is still far-fetched. I think that your win over Tyner was very impressive considering your lack of practice time.

Tell Big Bopper that he is not so busy that he can't write me a note every once in a while!!!!

We lost to temple last year by one last second basket. Temple won the state. Our hustling kept us in that game in the fact that it made up for some mistakes. I realize that temple hustles well but you can't measure who hustles more when it is that close. Boyd basketball emphesizes the fact that no one should work harder and I think us and temple are two of the most well disciplined and hustling teams around.

I have been wondering this whole time where you get that the 9-10th grade players are "the real deal" and the ones we should be focusing on. Yes they are talented but the senior class now is the class everyone has been watching since we were in 7th grade saying "I cant wait to see them in High School they are going to be good." That is shown this year in football and also last year in basketball (led by the now seniors). We are also getting a great start this year in basketball (being more unified we will be much tougher competition this year). This years senior class is one of the most talented to go through Boyd in a long time...have been since Middle School. So I am just curious where you get that the 9-10th graders are the ones that need to be focused on... :confused: