Thanks AE Roadrunner

STARSNBARS

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If only you could do the same in Basketball(LOL). Is Lee going to be the only person to score this year player or will it be a team effort finally or will it be the Lee Humphrey show again?

Now if you read the other post I think its subtitle is "Maryville State Champs again", you will see what I thought about the game. I'm going to let you all have all the fun you want about me picking against you all the whole year because next year, I'll be doing the same thing. :)

Losing a lot of seniors will take you to a place where Alcoa was at this year. I wish you the best of luck of building it up again but IT'S BASKETBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!!!

[Edited by AERoadrunners on 12-8-02 12:06P]

AEROARUNNERS! I hope everybody feels the same way as you do about Maryville next year. I hope everybody overlooks Maryville next year. You can bet that these juniors who will be seniors next year will have the rest of the Rebel players fired up and ready to play. Maryville football players have guts,determination and character.

Maryville has an outstanding sophomore class. Lots of underclassmen played key roles this season. Cade Thompson will be back at quarterback along with Alex Rouse.Chris Large will be back at left guard. Jimmy Wallace and Bobby Browning started a few games this year because of injury and they will start next year. Tyler Gaskin will be at receiver next year.Kirk Harris and Andrew Clement will be receivers next year. Chris McCord will be back at running back.Antonio Byner and Adam Parnell will play a lot next year. I think the offense will be fine.

On defense Maryville has Andrew Hodge,Ryan Headrick and Tyler Gaskin back. BJ Telfer will be one defensive tackle.Jeffery Smith will be 1 defensive end. Linebackers will be Zack Thomason,Dee Arrington and maybe Larry Hannon. Secondary will be Andrew Clement,Tyler Gaskin and Dave Garner. I think Maryville will be alright.

Maryville will never do like Alcoa and go 3-7. Those kids work hard and have a lot of pride.

Now look putting words in my mouth. I didn't say one thing about all these teams overlooking Maryville next year, where did you get that from? But I did say it's going to be hard taking back to where they were at this year since they are losing a lot of players. How many senior is on this team? 20 or more? I'm not a Maryville fan but Coach Q should the people in Tennessee that he's a very good coach. In my opinion, he needs to take Randy Sanders place on UT's coaching staff. Most of the trick plays he ran yesterday, will look good being ran in D-1 games!

Now let's talk basketball because football is over with. I'll be picking against Maryville in basketball too. Do you think that will carry them to a State Title? :D. One thing about your basketball team, you can't win a State Title with one person shooting all the points and not passing the ball. See ya on basketball message board. Great Game Rebs, I'll give it to you but I'm still a Maryville hater!

Thanks again AE. But a question, why all the hate? Is it jealously? Have we beat your team too much? Is it because we have more GOLD BALLS than your team? Or what is it? I have a lot of respect for A-E, Stanton, and their fans, Boorelly etc. But what is the reason for your self admitted hate? Thanks again from all Rebel fans for all your motivation this season. Go Rebs.

Its not that I hate Maryville School is that I hate the fans. You all think Maryville is the best team in the Nation and yall don't give anybody a chance. Your AD is one of the biggest rednecks, I've ever met. He was rude when I came down there and he didn't help me to the ticket booth. Its the people in Maryville that I hate its not the football team. Yes, I picked against them the whole year and I will do the same next year.

More Gold Balls then AE, whoopee do! Wow you have more gold balls then us! Wow! Football is over, how many gold balls do you have in Basketball? HELLO, can you hear,can hear me now!

aeroadrunner , you call our AD a redneck , well what would be a good word for you ?? i won't even go there . i saw somewhere where your at an elementary school . i really hope it's as a janitor because i hate the thought of someone as narrow minded , and full of bitterness and jealosy as you obviously are , having influence over young children . you have no clue what loyalty , honesty , and respect mean . i bet your alma mata WEST HIGH SCHOOL !!!!!!!! is very proud of you !! (oh by the way , i'd love to see you call JERRY a redneck to his face !!!)

[Edited by pepvol on 12-9-02 7:52A]

I have no dog in this fight. I am an Ally of AERoadrunner but have become a fan of MHS. I am no bandwagon jumper but any good fan of football will respect those Rebels. This year ends but we had some great conversation on this line. Scrimmage between the two previous state champs, Rebel Flag thread, etc, etc. But respect was always given and received. I appreciate that. 2001 I got to see one of the top programs in the country (Charlotte). One thing I recognize is Champions and Winners. You guys are both. Way to go. We are getting there as a program (AE). Our weight program is getting there. So far optional work outs there has been atleast 55 in the weight room everyday it is big pay back time for AE. Enough about AE this is your time. Great Job and Congratulations Rebs.