Clinton grade changing scandal

5 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

You sure about that?

I’m sure that AC had their banner up a month or so, not sure exactly how long before Clinton put theirs up.  I guess I don’t technically know when the awards were issued but I do know that.

On 5/15/2024 at 9:40 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

"Some student’s grades were changed to help them with college and sports participation, other students, who the administration deem undesirable and they “wanted out of the school” , were changed to remove them from the Anderson County School system."

This has to be a massive lawsuit waiting to happen. 

I hope the main actors spend time in state prison. Sheriff is on it:

Criminal investigation launched in Clinton High School grade changes, sheriff’s office says (newsbreak.com)

Criminal investigation launched in Clinton High School grade changes, sheriff’s office says (newsbreak.com)

I hate this for all the kids in the program and fans alike. I can't recall of anything like this before in my lifetime but I'm sure it isn't a first. After criminal investigations are complete and the TSSAA looks into this the program it will be facing Nuclear Winter for some time to come. It's always the innocent left behind that end up paying the price for something someone else has done. I'm sure the transfer portal will be very active in Clinton over the summer months. How could you find a good coach worth his salt that would take on a situation like this not knowing what will happen. 

14 hours ago, strongx said:

I think this goes on a lot more than most people know, maybe not finishing an entire geometry class in 90 minutes. This situation seems special.

Yeah, the initial article says that one kid got 8 credits in 5 days.  Haw.  It's beyond ridiculous that they even thought for one second they would get away with this and it's been going on since the fired principal got there

Remember when 92 got a call from the coaches wife telling him to stop criticizing ole Flip Flops?  Said it was hurting his feelings.  Can't make this stuff up.  What a circus.  That may have been it for 92, probably the last loyal fan left.