Clinton grade changing scandal

3 hours ago, HTV said:

Have you ever run a business or government agency where you are responsible for hiring and firing?  

You can't just fire somebody without cause, especially in a government agency where they have state/federal protection, without having one's ducks in a row.  

Tennessee is a right to work state and employers may terminate employment at any time without notice.  With that being said government agencies are a different box of snakes and many have their own set of rules and regulations.  

1 minute ago, cbg said:

Tennessee is a right to work state and employers may terminate employment at any time without notice.  With that being said government agencies are a different box of snakes and many have their own set of rules and regulations.  

In TN, most districts have teacher agreements / board policies that government terminations and non-renewals.  There is a process for both.

5 hours ago, cbg said:

Not with government agencies, which public schools are. 

Tenure is a solid protector. There has to be cause to fire. 

8 hours ago, thefootballguru said:

Have you ever been in education (administration) or a head coach? You’re responsible for all aspects of your program. If you were not checking the kids information correctly and left it up to someone else and they mess up. You’re held liable because it’s a failure on supervision, implementation of TSSAA eligibility and your school’s eligibility. Remember the wording in the article for him “CONTRACT NOT RENEWED” coaches are on a year to year contract and don’t sign the contract again until July. Do I believe he still should’ve been let go? Yes because you’re responsible for the total program and should be aware of everything going on. Do I believe he knew about the grade changes? No and that’s because nobody brought his name up until things got really bad and there is no indication with any paperwork showing he did. It’s just word of mouth from a teacher trying to cover herself.

Coaching and teaching are 2 different things. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, HTV said:

Coaching and teaching are 2 different things. 

Correct, you can whimsically be fired in coaching. A coach that has tenure can stay on as a teacher if released from coaching. If you don’t have tenure as a teacher, you can fired without cause. Your last year as a teacher before tenure is earned you can be fired, but must be given cause. A tenured teacher can be fired, but it is a long hard process requiring the 3 D’s…. documentation, documentation and documentation. I have released 3 tenured teachers, 2 with PHD’s. However, teacher contracts had and still have clauses that state you can be fired for a variety reasons re: being arrested, public drunkenness, inappropriate relationships ect.

Edited by noonesfool

22 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Correct, you can whimsically be fired in coaching. A coach that has tenure can stay on as a teacher if released from coaching. If you don’t have tenure as a teacher, you can fired without cause. Your last year as a teacher before tenure is earned you can be fired, but must be given cause. A tenured teacher can be fired, but it is a long hard process requiring the 3 D’s…. documentation, documentation and documentation. I have released 3 tenured teachers, 2 with PHD’s. However, teacher contracts had and still have clauses that state you can be fired for a variety reasons re: being arrested, public drunkenness, inappropriate relationships ect.

Was he a tenured teacher? I’m asking because I don’t know. I do know some schools can hold back tenure depending on state test scores. 

Unless it’s changed, here in Georgia, if you have had tenure in another Ga. system you get it when you sign your second contract. If you have never had tenure in Ga. you receive it upon signing your third contract. 

3 hours ago, bounder said:

Coach Keith has only been here 4 years after coming from Kentucky so I don't think he would have tenure.

Some systems give credit for previous years in other states, but I don't know if Anderson County is one of those systems. 

On 5/23/2024 at 11:00 PM, TotallynotLEO said:

There's going to be more fallout from this.  It's not over.  

A criminal investigation is also underway.  Additional school counselors have been fired.  

As far as coach flip flops is concerned,  a lot of people knew he was flirting with disaster. He was recruiting failed athletes from other schools. Grades and discipline issues that got otherwise good athletes kicked off other area teams were playing at CHS. Grades, addresses or transfer rules be dam ed. It was just a matter of time.  It's a culture issue at the school. I've heard an assistant coach and teacher for another sports team was let go for not breaking up a fight on campus between 2 girls.  Supposedly he's only there because of coach flip flops, they're close.  That guy's kid, who's a great athlete in the school,  will probably transfer out to. 

There's just so many layers to this .  

I'm not sure the director of all Anderson county schools doesn't get bit by this somehow. He's the one who wanted, pushed for the principal at Clinton in the first place.  He initially denied anything had been uncovered when a local station broke the story.  He had to back track his statements.  

It's ugly in Clinton right now folks.  

Add in the fact that there's such a huge rivalry with ACHS across the river,  it makes it bitter for clinton fans if they say anything.  Especially given the dominance that ACHS has had over Clinton for 20+ years in  almost everything.  

Criminal investigation has been going on the whole time. Just smoke and mirrors