LeBron James vs. Oak Hill

GHSgozz22

did anyone watch that game? that was some #1 team in the nation, considering Oak Hill couldn't throw it in the ocean in the second half. LeBron James is just amazing, especially his passes. he shot 12-25 from the field in a 20 point stomp of OHA. i just wanted some thoughts and opinions on him, his team, and his game. Peace.

He certainly lived up to the hype. His passes were crisp and clairvoyant. The behind the back at full speed to hit his teammate in stride was just incredible. What about the elevation on that dunk? WOW!!! He seemed to settle for jump shots at the beggining but then he realized he could get anything he wanted. The only thing I saw that he could work on was to quit toying with the defender. He has the speed to blow by and should do so immediatly, not wait for another defender to run at him. This kid is really going to be fun to watch.

lebron is absolutely phenomenal. The previous post about his passing ability and elevation are right on the money. If he keeps on working to get better, he will be a very good nba player. However, contrary to others thoughts, i dont believe lebron will be one of the best players in the leauge within the next 3 or 4 years. It will take time for him to adjust to people being stronger, faster, and better ball players. He is playing against 15, 16, 17, and 18 years olds compared to 25 and 30 year olds in the leauge. He wont be able to take pippen, mcgrady, and others to the hole like he can oak hill's players. But to his credit, that is the best of the best in high school bball. I wish him the best, he really deserves all the credit he is receiving

I thought it was good to see him handle himself so well after the game. He is either very mature for his age or he as people around him who tell him to say the right things. Either way, that is good, b/c the people around him can help him mature if they know what the right thing is. He said the word team about 5 times in his interview after the game. That is great to see.

AS far as Oak Hill, I know they are a big time program and probably used to exposure, but ESPN2 covering a bunch of 16 to 18 year old boys. Wow, that is pressure. I don't really like CSS games on firdays. ESPN2 pressure would have to be rediculous.

If anything, I wish more games were on TV like that. That's a memory those kids will have forever. Most of the ones who actually played a lot will probably be on ESPN again, but the ones who came in at the end of the game, the ones on the end of the ASVSM bench, etc. will always be able to say that they've been on national TV.

Yeah, it puts some pressure on them. But I think on the whole, it's a good thing for them.

I think Oak Hill was more caught up in the hype than SVSM. LeBron is a great passer. I agree, I would love to see more high school games on T.V. SVSM has a game coming up with Mater Dei and I would love to see that one. Oak Hill did not display any type of inside game they shot 3's all night.

LeBron James really really impressed me. I like the way the Dick Vitale and Jay Billas described him saying physically he is a man right now. You would expect a big superstar like that to be more me oriented but the way he gets his team involved is just great. He is a great talent and I wouldnt mind watching him play again on tv.

What did he end up with? 31pts from 12-25 shooting, 13rbds, 7asts? 1 stl and like 5 dunks. that dunk in the first half was incredible, where he got it in the open floor.......the elevation he has in insane. he looks like Jason Richardson out there elevating. Dicky V said he's a sure #1 pick but there is some 18y/o lefty in Europe that could also be the first pick in the draft. And I'm guessing now St.V is the new #1 ranked high school in the nation?