briarcrest vs. ryan anyone know the score?

frhsrules

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ECS is looking pretty good early in the season in DII, but I really think that it is wide open. Briarcrest is having a down year, which is still phenomenal. ECS may not be deep enough to last through March. Father Ryan is showing some weaknesses. Right now, my pick is on ECS, but I really wouldn't be all that shocked if my Lady Lions snuck into the tournament. They are highly motivated from last season's debacle and their garbage game against Bishop Byrne. Harding showed a glimpse of what they are capable of Saturday night. After trailing 23-18 at halftime to Munford, Harding Seniors Blair Jackson and Rachel Black talked some sense into the underclassmen, sparking a 24-0 run out of the locker room, with 22 of those points coming in the 3rd quarter. Remember that by holding the ball against ECS last year, Harding fell 25-19. Now that ECS is without Drees, and Harding has improved their shooting, I think the Lions would win that game if it were played today. I honestly don't think that Hutchison or St. Agnes will be threats. If the tournament seeding falls right, don't be shocked to see Harding come in around the outside and play in the Region Championship game. I know it's a longshot, but just don't be surprised if it happens and the Lions look for prey in Murfreesboro.

GO LIONS!!!

This weekend's games should shed some light on where both Harding and Hutchison are in the scheme of things. I don't doubt that Harding is a good team, but with last year's results and the schedule so far this year, they haven't proven anything. St. Agnes is still somewhat of a mystery. I'm giving Hutchison the benefit of a doubt because they did make it to the DII final four last year, they lost only one player, and their coach seems to be a defensive wiz. Time will tell!

What's up with Baylor and GPS?

Kristen Archie is a legit D2 first team all state pick....if she did not play against ECS then the lady irish were handicapped severely. I think FRHS is much better than Harding Academy, based on the schedule results you can find on this site...I am very confident in this statement....I also believe that Father Ryan would have swept ECS and Briarcrest in either Nashville or Memphis if Kristen Archie was 100 percent...I understand "If if's and but's were candy and nuts, what a wonderful world it would be". So I'll tell all that with no excuses...I believe ECS should be ranked #1 in the state...followed closely by FRHS....and trust me...THE HARPETH HALL SCHOOL... OH, and the only reason I give ECS the nod is for the obvious...if Archie was out of the game ECS' win is lessoned greatly in my book . I also believe that the Harpeth Hall school will rise to the top....Until proven otherwise, FRHS and HARPETH HALL are the tops in D2....BUT...since ECS won against the IRISH...you're #1....for now

[Edited by frhsrules on 12-17-02 2:36A]

I'm trying to base my rankings on how a team is currently playing. You might be right that Harpeth Hall and Father Ryan will rise to the top and I am giving FR a #2 ranking based on their performance against Briarcrest, but HH has yet to show me. HH plays St. Agnes on Jan. 3, so that will give us an idea where things stand.

Harding fan - I'm sorry that you're getting the idea that I'm "bashing" Harding. Believe me, that's not my intent. When ranking teams this early in the season, how teams finished the year last year and who they lost or didn't lose to graduation have to play a factor. Your right that a lot a factors can change. I'll have to trust you on Harding being a completely different team. I was ready to put Harding in my top ten for the week, BUT the thrashing by Bishop Byrne means to me that Harding isn't there yet.

This weekend against Bartlett and Brentwood Academy will give them a chance to show where they are.