Sonic Middle School tourney

thegatling

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrestler4life, you're smelling like a liar. The way I heard it is that Jack showed his backside as soon as he showed up for weigh-ins with you dragging kids in the back door. I don't know you but Jack knows better. If the officiating was terrible, it was in not dealing with out of line coaches sooner.

I'd rather talk about the tournament which sounds great. I commend all participants. I can't believe a middle school tourament got such a turn out...Baylor, Cleveland, Christian Bros, as well as good teams from middle TN.

The good wrestling is a lot deeper than it used to be and this is probably a good reason why.

I hate to say it but the officials in middle TN border ridiculous. They are egotistical maniacs who let the power of being an official go to their head. All they seem to care about is "dinging" as they like to put it, coaches and athletes for anything and everything that they can get away with. I know that some things have to be called, but it seems that more often than not hitting someone for a penalty or not letting a kid wrestle seems to be what these guys love. Just about a week ago I saw a ref refuse to let a guy wrestle b/c he didn't have the right type of hair net!! Come on guys we all know you're gods gift to the sport, but please let the kids decide the outcome of matches.

Brett is my little brother and i am saying that hes pretty pretty good, dont know if he's the best, but he pinned his way through the tournament that included Baylor, McCallie, and BradleySoddy's middle school teams. If there was a middle school state, that would have been it and he pinned his way through. He's also going to tournaments out of town following his city championship win. He'll be one to look out for next year.

Thegatlin it looks like your younger brother did pretty well and they way it looks almost as close as you can get to a middle school state, but what all teams were there besides Baylor,CBHS,and Freedom. Where there any other Middle School teams there Such as Lipscomb, Nashville Catholic wresting, Brentwood, Woodland, Apollo, or even McMurray. Would love to see all the championship wrestlers names and schools if you have that information that would be great, because i know there is alot of middle tennesse wrestling teams, along with west and east tennesse teams just curious to see who all competed.

Lovetowrestle

Sixteen teams total. Some standouts: Christian Brothers, Collierville, Bolton from Memphis, Baylor, Cleveland Middle, and OLPH from Chattanooga, Nashville Catholic, Freedom Middle, Grassland, Apollo, and Dickson County from the Mid-state. Five other teams I can't remember right now. Good cross section. Baylor and OLPH impressed me in the lower weights. Cleveland and CBHS in the Middle. Apollo had some nice atheletes in the upper. Good middle school tournament.