Farragut High School Ballers

dr4nd

Oh yea...forgot to mention that Lee Humphrey wasn't stopped in the first game, he was cold, he had plenty of open shots had he wanted them, but they weren't falling so he stopped shooting. Also, tonight he had 16 at the break, then he came out and scored about 8 in a row, he finished with about 30ish I think. Gaskin and Houser both had in the high teens!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning dr4nd. Are you willing to stick your little head out of your hole and talk smack this morning. I am going to fix you breakfast. Do you like your crow fried, broiled, or fricaseed? For desert we are having humble pie.

Being posted by thirty at your place has got to hurt your ego.

You guys couldn't tell where the ball was coming from next. All of the Rebels were on. I like Greg and Tim and your big man, but three players are going to have a rough time with a bench like Maryville has.

Good luck. I'm sure we won't be seeing you around any Maryville posts for a while.

Go Rebels.....It's great to be a Maryville Rebel....I said It's great to be a Maryville Rebel....

;):D :confused: :);):D :confused: :D

I love reading your post because i find out that sometimes you are clueless about basketball and just love your REBELS. the person who posted and got you all fired up has nothing to do with Farragut Basketball, but you think so, and anyway if Farragut would have won last night which I will give Maryville credit they played well, but you would have said maryville shot cold, farragut is no good and the refs beat us, but when they win you get on here and talk like they are the la lakers. But that is okay. Yes farragut has a good starting five and you may here from them at the end of the year if they have no injuries. But the main question is will Maryville be there, if I remeber correctly last year you got on here and said Maryville is great and everything and where did they go NO Where, did they win the District NO, what about the region NO, so I would not make any comments until they do something to brag about, every year they fall apart when it comes tournament time, so we will see. Question 2 who steps up when Lee is not carrying your team like a D-1 SEC player should, well when you played Farragut the first time they did a good defensive job on him no matter who you want to blame the game on. Or will it be like last year and if Lee does not score 25 or more Maryville will lose.

I like your support for Maryville no problem but if you win be happy if you lose do not make up excuses or blame someone else for the loss handle it the right way.

First of all, I would like to say secretagentman has made the most intelligent comment on here I've ever seen. After we beat Mville, it was all talk and excuses, but I doubt it was from any of the players, b/c I know those guys and they aren't the kind to make excuses. I'll get on here and say last night Mville just waxed us. I won't make excuses. But then one maryville guys tries to say last night Maryville didn't even play good, his exact words being "Maryville wasn't on their game". Well you are just a moron buddy. If that's not on their game, I think they could beat the LA Lakers when they are. Too many of you Maryville people are ignorant on these boards (not all of you). I don't mind comments, but stupid ones, yeah. As for the guy who started this topic, DR4ND, excuse his stupidity. We can't even begin thinking about any kind of championships, much less state because we've got a long ways to go from where we are now. As for a 30 point loss, thats the first and last you'll see out of us.

haha...we did win the disctrict! And ontop of that, we only lost 3 games all season long. Farragut last year beat us in a great game and we avenged that loss; however, this year they didn't beat the actual Maryville team! They beat a team that was uncharacteristically cold. However, the still won and I give them their W for it! Maryville won the district last year and placed second in the disctrict tournament and then third in the region tournament. Was Farragut in the top three of any of them? Maybe, but I don't think so! You talk about us not knowing about basketball and just loving the Rebels, well atleast we know that we won the district last year, especially after being projected to get 6th in the district. William Blount and Bearden beat Maryville last year, both in the post-season. Both teams came out with a lot of fire and beat Maryville fairly. The Bearden game was a strangely called game due to the fact that no charges were called in the game. However, I do not believe it made a difference. The William Blount game was a great defensive game for William Blount and they did what they had to do in order to win, congrats. I'd say placing 3rd in the region isn't too shabby when you aren't even supposed to be in the top 5 of your disctrict. If this boy isn't a Farragut fan then you need to tell him to shut up and stop talking smack.

Guest dirtydawg13

nah u didnt win the district tournament that counted buddy. And second place in the district tournament is just 1st place loser. Man u need to chill out and just let maryville be maryville. They have a good team they dont need you to post things about it. We wont even mention region tournament last year... :)

haha and while your crying about charges no body says anything when lee gets to shoot 3's and get and 1's because the defender breathed on him. That happen at least 4 times out of all the games against bearden. And u cant get charges because alex oliver was just to fast face the facts here buddy. Farragut beat Maryville and visa versa a loss is a loss when it comes down to it.

[Edited by dirtydawg13 on 12-17-02 6:12P]

So how in the world does Farragut shut Maryville down at home and win by 4 one week and a few weeks better, when they should be better, they lose by 30. I could understand losing by a handful, but I saw two totally different teams. I've seen Maryville's basketball team play most every game since the seniors 9th grade year. I've played with them and I've seen when they play good and when they play bad. Farragut outrebounded Maryville, I will give them that, but I won't say that Farragut shut Maryville down through defense, because they didn't. The rebounding advantage, no doubt, helped Farragut pull away, but Maryville I believe made only like 12 shots out of 54 attempts. They got less attempts due to Farragut's rebounding, but they still just weren't hitting them, plain and simple. I don't understand otherwise how a Maryville team can go and lose by a mere 4 points in the closing minutes in one game and then in the next blow the same team out by 30 points, the game was over at halftime. Dirty, Alex Oliver is a great player, but most of the charges came when our bigmen took them in the low post, we had a stretch of 4-5 in a row that were not called or called blocks. That didn't give Bearden the win, no Bearden won the game by playing better, props. If Bearden would have won the district in the regular season and lost the District tournament you'd be crying just as loudly so don't give me that bull! In the tournaments Maryville was beaten and I never made excuses; however, against Farragut the other night we weren't beaten or outplayed except on rebounding. We were merely outshot because none of out players could find the bucket. It was the same way in the first half of the William Blount game this year, but we eventually found our light.

Guest beachrebel13

alright, I'm going to ask everyone to please ignore comments by maryvillerebels or whoever that guy is cuz you are giving everyone a terrible picture of us. pull for us, thanks, but man none of us on the court say we got ripped by the refs or anything else against farragut when they beat us. we got beat. we played terrible, bottom line, on any given night, anyone can win. as for team, were not as stuck up as the posts make us look. but dude, i appreciate the support, jus calm it down a little.

Beach wasn't it right after the game that you were on here bragging about winning by 33? Hmm...you play and you're the one thats talking smack...that sounds like its real respecatble! By the way, if you read my post it doesn't say anything about the refs killing you against Farragut, it was a bad shooting day and you got outrebounded. I said the refs didn't give you any charging calls last year against Bearden, which is true, I never said that cost you the game, or made a difference because we should have been able to beat them as it was. I never gave an excuse for losing to Blount last year, I gave them all the credit. And me saying that the refs wouldn't call a charge wasn't an excuse, it was a statement, we got outhustled and outplayed in a shootout of a game. Against Farragut this year like I said we were outshot because we were cold and playing badly. We also got beat due to lack of rebounding and boxing out. So don't come on here and not read my post and then think that you're some hot stuff just because you play for the basketball team. Why don't you have the same respect like all the other players and not post on here after you win? Now who needs to be ignored?

Come on this is getting retarded now, this has turned into a whinny fest and lets bash eachother. Last year Oliver just rain buck wild all over Maryville. Everyone get off Lee don't hate god I mean if he is that bad then he would not be going to Florida so don't trash talk. Maryville did win the regular season so that's cool. You all need to chill right now cause this board is getting gay and we don't need the 3 riches schools in East TN having a big brawl in Abercrombie this weekend so everyone go eat some Marble Slab and shut up.

I think the Maryville guy should just shut up.... you guys are good, yay. you beat farragut by 30, thats awesome. What does that mean? You got a win. What about the other teams that beat farragut? Did they get on here and rub it in Farraguts face? I dont believe so. So congradulations on your huge win, everyone is very happy for Maryville. But remember that it is a very long season...