UT Coaching Changes?

FlyBy

Anyone who watched the game last night has to be extremely upset with the amount of mental mistakes that Tennessee made. What's more is that this has been what we have seen all year long. From personal fouls and illegal formations to wasted time-outs, I have been shocked at how poorly coached these kids have been this year.

Even with the injuries, you can at least teach the kids how to line up properly.

Sanders and Chavis should be looking over their shoulders.

What do you think?

I agree with all of your points!

How many more times will we see toss sweep on 3rd and 4th down with 2 yards or less to gain. We run that play almost everytime in short yardage situations. I remember 2 stuffs from Florida against it; one of which gave them the ball back for the touchdown winning drive two years ago!

Phil has to pull the trigger, or he will be the one looking down the wrong end of the barrel.

There will be only minimal changes. Sanders and Chavis are both probably safe, from everything that's being said in the Knoxville media. One of the strength/line coaches may get the axe, but that's about it. Fulmer will likely continue to campaign for, and subsequently receive, a raise.

My friend on the football team says that Sanders is not the one calling the plays...its Fulmer! He said the players love Sanders actually and the only game where he has really called the majority of the plays was against Michigan last year. Fulmer is calling the majority of the plays and started doing so in the summer prior to this season. The reason? He could take credit for the offensive fireworks that would take place...and subsequently get a raise.

I talked bad about Sanders just like you all...but my friend told me it was just a common misconception. He said the problems mostly lied in Fulmer not getting the players ready...during halftime of the Rutgers game...all he really said was "We are going to open it up a little bit." And they started playing better...I wish UT had gotten John Thompson former defensive coach at Arkansas, Memphis, Southern Miss. and now the current coach at ECU. He could have really helped us out.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that Sanders has had his chance and he's blown it...let us all remember that Chavis had more injuries on his side of the ball than Sanders did (although 'The Past' was one of the injuries).

Posted by FlyBy:

Swamp,

While I hope you are not right, you probably are!

However, his loyalty will probably be his undoing. I think he needs to drop the axe on Sanders and Chavis. In thinking that, I am hoping that at least one will be gone.

More like the Never Was.

Posted by KevB1990:

I think that Sanders has had his chance and he's blown it...let us all remember that Chavis had more injuries on his side of the ball than Sanders did (although 'The Past' was one of the injuries).

Posted by FlyBy:

Swamp,

While I hope you are not right, you probably are!

However, his loyalty will probably be his undoing. I think he needs to drop the axe on Sanders and Chavis. In thinking that, I am hoping that at least one will be gone.