TNFC 88 Premier Girls

Guest play

Just of curiosity-where did your child's talent level truthfully stack up to the other players? Sometimes that can make a difference. I think that was the major issue that was the cause of TNFC problem. I have though seen it work the other way. A very talented coaches child cause different kind of problems. I can appreciate your position in a rural area and I'm glad that it is working out for you, but I still believe that in most situations it is better for parents to step aside as coach. If nothing else the child has to learn at some point to play for someone other than his/her parents.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KH, I know you and there is no comparison between this

parent coach and yourself, trust me......the only I in your

agenda is for "integrity".

TDJ85, we need more people like you involved to make a difference.

It would be great to see more progress toward a truly

united Williamson County organization with the right

people running it.

Keep the faith! ;)

KH I couldn't agree more. Banning parent/coaches is not a panacea for ensuring team harmony. I know nothing about the club in question but for the sake of the players they would be better off, IMO, looking at their club governance model and how the attraction, selection, retention and release of coaches is carried through. The model should be to have a board that consists of parents and neutral third party soccer individuals. Just my thoughts.

Play, thanks for the compliment.

I want everyone to understand that I am not disagreeing with the idea that it would be better in most (not all) instances for a parent to not coach their child. However, like chixian I agree that a blanket rule that prohibits parents for coaching their child is not the ultimate solution.

I have had to coach as many as three teams at one time before simply because no one else would step up and coach the teams. Believe me, I did not want to coach three teams. All I was trying to say is that in some places if it were not for parents, we would not have coaches, refs, etc.

Not trying to argue. Just present another perspective.

KH/Chxian/others posting to this thread,

I honestly believe that "parent coaches" are a symptom

of the core issue. For example, whether the coach or

anyone for that matter exercising authority, is a parent

or a non-related individual......the core issue is the degree of Integrity and to what lengths this person will

go to insure that it is "perceived and or executed" in

decisions.

Based on your postings, it appears that you all would actually go as far as even "avoiding the perception" of a

lack of integrity, which I applaud.

I think the key is to address such matters with vigilence

on the front end of organizations, unfortunately the implementation or even the hint of the need for a "conflict

of interest" policy sends the "rats into the dark" and raises immediate opposition.......such is the situation that

we have today.......compliment such with the coaching director coaching the board president's son's team and reporting to the board president in respect to "club duties".....only continues to complicate the potential

resolution along with relationships between board members

and teams.........it's kind of like why most Unions exist

today......"poor management"

I've read the messages posted on this page about the TNFC U15 Premier team and there is a lot of incorrect information posted here. The team has not broken up and they are staying together in TNFC. We did have some problems with the coach and the trainer, but this has been resolved. With regard to the parent coaches, I do not believe parent coaches should be coaching teams from U11 and older, but I do believe it's okay to have a parent coach at the U9 and U10 levels. As for the problems in TNFC, they are only the type of problems any new club will encounter. However, I do believe we are moving in the right direction and providing, in my opnion, the best environment for select/travel soccer players.

As for me coaching the team, I will not be coaching these girls this Spring, but I did like the comment about me being Superman.

Ajit Korgaokar, Director of Coaching TNFC

From what I hear, the only thing incorrect is the motive behind the mess...and those that didn't do the right thing

in the first place.

Resolved by the players. The players that resigned from the team. It's a shame to put these kids through this type of thing, all because one person's ego. Making kids resign from a team before doing the right thing...... :)

Sounds like the girls knew what was coming down and that it

wasn't right. You all certainly opened their eyes. :)

Think they'll ever respect or trust the folks running the club again? :D

Hey, keep up the good work.