Temple @ Boyd Buchanan Tonight (1/24)

blueandgoldfan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Final score was 64-60 Temple I think. Looking forward to the rematch, and maybe there will be better officiating there. What is ya'lls opinion of the game? I think that anyone who is serious will say that Temple would have probably not won the game if it hadn't been for poor officiating. The refs knew it too; they went running out of the gym the second the game was over. I don't want to be sounding in the wrong way, but there was no excuse for the poor calls made tonight. I've noticed that other people are seeing the poor officiating at there schools too. Seems like there could be something done.

WITHOUT A DOUBT THE REFS BLEW IT FOR BOYD TONIGHT.THERE IS NO WAY TEMPLE COULD HAVE WON WITH OUT SOME HELP.BOYD PLAID A GREAT GAME.I GUESS WE JUST COULDNT BEAT THE REFS AND A GOOD TEMPLE TEAM IN THE SAME NIGHT.IF ANY1 SEES THE REFS TELL THEM THEY MISSED A GREAT GAME.FOR BOYD TO STAY CLOSE AND LEAD MOST OF THE GAME WITH THE CALLS MADE WAS A GREAT JOB.

The refs stunk to night. Temple played a great game to night. But, there is not a doubt in my mind that they could have won with out all of the bad calls of the refs. One of the biggest mistakes that they made was not calling the charge faoul on Temple, yet they called everyone against us. I really think that they should be looked at, cause they missed, or just did not call several easy to see fouls. This for sure cost us the game. I think that they know they screwed up, cause at the buzzer they went running out of the gym.

Refs did not win the game for Temple. They were all around bad- plain and simple. Boyd got several calls in their favor as well. This coming from an unbiased observer. I have no connections with either school. I will say that everytime Jake Skogen drives the lane, a foul is called. He is pretty good at drawing fouls, and he always gets the benefit of the doubt on calls. Teams will just have to deal with it, because refs read the papers and it ain't changing. Finally, I think Boyd just might be the better team. Temple played the better game tonight though!

I watched the game tonite and am surprised at you Boyd fans blaming it on the refs. Boyd shot more foul shots than Temple 21-15. The fouls were even at 17. Temple out played Boyd down the stretch. Don't blame a loss on the refs. You did that last year when Temple beat you at the buzzer. Give the Crusaders credit. They showed that their young kids could play with the experience of Boyd. I will give credit to the Boyd players, they didn't blame the refs. They gave credit to the Temple kids. Boyd's Players showed alot of class. It will be a great rematch at Temple ;)

I don't have a puppy dog in this fight, but was just wondering why it is always the refs fault when a closely contested ballgame doesn't go one's way?? The refs are told at state and local meetings to get the heck outta dodge when the ballgame is over--sounds like they did. What is the problem?? Why not give Temple credit where credit is due people and quit trying to put the blame off on somebody else. It sounds like the players from both teams left it all on the court and that my friends is the way you want the game to be played--win, lose, or draw! ;)

Guest bucball14

tonights game was a great game. Skogen is a tremendous player and hit 2 big threes late. I know that the refs made some ify calls but any real player knows that the refs dont determine the outcome. but dont worry bucfans we'll go to work and get ready for round two. Temple hasnt seen the last of us. Great game to both teams

hey west73 Temple didn't prove to me that the whole Temple team can play with Boyd. Temple proved that Jake Skogan and Ryan Wadley are two of the best players in the state. Think of how limited Temple is if one of them fouls out. Isiah Mouw is a very solid, underrated player though, especially on the defensive end, but is not a very big offensive threat. I guess he gets drownded out with Wadley and Skogan. It was a close game all the way till the buzzer. I am looking forward to the game at Temple, should be just as crowded. Both teams played very well tonight. The win could have gone either way in my opinion.

I said that temple had a good team. But I do not feel that they could have won with out the officals calls. I think it would have been close, but that boyd could have won. I know the refs have to leave right away, but they left faster and were closer to the door when the buzzer went off compared to any other set of refs I have seen. I think it will be a good rematch, and maybe the refs will know what they are doing and try making better calls. But Temple is only good because of their star players. I don't think they could hold their own with out them. But anyone who saw the game knows that alot of calls were wither missed or wrong. Alot more then a normal game at least.

A couple of comments are in order:

A. First of all, the refs were not very good, or at least there were some horrible calls and no calls that went both ways.

B. Second, the players on the two teams are NOT the ones complaining. Hats off to Boyd's players for having such class in a close loss. The players know that THEY determine outcomes of games, not officials.

C. Third, a note to bbal1984, I have seen EVERY game that Temple has played this year, and to say that Skogen gets all the close calls is simply not true. He has played this year in foul trouble more than he has in the previous two years combined. And most of his fouls are charge calls and well over half of those are wrong as the film tape, which I watch after every game, prove to be the case.

D. Fourth, Jake and Ryan are great players to be sure, but to say that Temple is a two man team is short sighted. But I will thank you for firing up the other "nobodies" to work harder and prove you wrong.

temple does have a good team but personally i think they center around wadley and skogan a little too much. all they seemed to do to me was move the ball around until it was in one of there hands and let them go to work. thats just my opinion though. whatever works for them though they are winning games. thought boyd should of won the game but temple made a nice comeback. a few calls were horrible but boyd had plenty of chances to put it away and didnt. there is always next time though.