Temple @ Boyd Buchanan Tonight (1/24)

blueandgoldfan

Those saying officiating wasn't a problem last night must not have be listening to the crowd's reaction at several plays. When Skogan plowed over Matt Richman there should have been something called there. Everyone seemed to see it except the refs. Then Skogan charged right over Brandon Walker when he put up a shot. It was an obvious charge but the refs called it on Brandon. There were many walks and travels that most everyone seemed to see that the refs didn't. I can understand a ref missing a couple of calls, but when there are that many that are missed, it's rediculous. Temple is a good team. Skogan and Wadley are amazing players, but Boyd was the better team. About the refs leaving after the game, usually you see them stick around near the concession stand or something for a minute after the game. As soon as I got out there (which was pretty quick) they had already driven off. I think they knew what they did.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished watching the tape of the game. Skogan definitely charged on Richman and again on Walker. I rewound it several times. These were huge missed calls because the one on Richman would have been Jake's 4th pretty early in the 3rd quarter. I am not blaming the game on the refs, but it sure was frustrating watching it again on tape. The Bucs still had chances to win, but did not execute. You have to play through all the calls. There is some kind of "life lesson" in all this. Everything is not always fair and going to go your way, but you have to overcome. The Bucs will come out on top in the rematch.

I'm really not trying to get smart with anyone, just asking a question. Don't you usually center your teams strategy around your "star" players? People on this thread have said that Temple relies on Skogen and Wadley too much and that they wouldn't be very good without their stars, but what team wouldn't be hurting if they lost their two best players? I understand that Boyd probably has more of an even level of players, but the fact that Temple relies on their two best players more than the rest of their players really isn't a weakness.