Temple 65 Boyd 63

dprairiedog

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~From a none bias stand point.~Tonight was a great game, and at the beginning it wasn't looking to good for the Crusaders. BUT like always they pull through. In the fourth quarter when it all got really exciting Temple ended up winning by 2. Skogen and Wadley did a great job and Mouws defense was great too. Boyd has a great team but Temple came out on top the past 2 times so we can't blame it on the refs because Temple is a better team. The starting 5 did a great job for Temple and I think everybody is excited to see how far Temple will go this year. Probally another State Title with the way things are going now. Hopfully in the disticts and regions Temple and Boyd will be able to meet again for another exciting game. :)

Well, ya'll are right, we can't blame the refs. They did a pretty good job tonight, but as ya'll said, Boyd hurt themselves. They allowed the come back in the fourth quarter and then paniced I guess. They missed several shots they should have made and that put us in a bad spot. Looking forward to the next game. All Boyd needs to work on is keeping the lead in the fourth and not panicing when they appear to be coming back. If there's another rematch, which there probably will be, Boyd will be fully prepared.

This was a great game to watch! Actually the last one was great to watch also. As a Boyd parent I had hoped for a better outcome, but everybody on the floor played their hearts out. Our guys know better than to put a Skogen on the free-throw line, but when you are playing that hard it's tough to split hairs with the officials.

My one complaint was the bogus intentional call that gave Temple two shots (which they made) AND posession. I felt like that was a momentum shift. Foul? Absolutely. Intentional? No way.

The Temple kids seem to keep cool and confident late in the game (though they often lose it early) The Boyd guys could not buy a free throw. Lack of fundamental things like that will kill you in a close one every time.

I wish that all teams played with the kind of heart and intensity that I saw on both sides of the ball Friday night.

Congratulations for a hard fought contest!

All I can say is that the refs were absolutely awful-Temple got hosed over and over again-and yes the foul was intentional as were the other two fouls on Skogen especially when he was going to throw down and the guy tackled him out of bounds-Props to Caleb skogen the kid was ballin and held the team in the game single handedly for about 4 min-the kid can ball!!!

I don't know what you're complaining about the intentional for. The only reason he even fouled him was because he was mad that the refs didn't catch him carrying the ball. So that would have never happened if the refs had done their job right. There was also a missed charge that would have also helped Boyd out. What are you complaining for anyway? Your team won. You should be happy.

i disagree with the statement that caleb skogen can ball, he might be an alright player and has some real good nights, but he isnt really all that great, he will never be as good as jake, this doesn't mean he didn't have a good game against boyd b/c he did.....but i have been watching the youngest skogen and he impresses me a lot, even though he is in the 8th grade i believe, but i am looking forward to seeing how he comes along in the next few years, but i just don't see it in caleb skogen

[Edited by mnewballer21 on 2-12-03 4:25P]

Guest sdux4uoe

What a foolish statement, Caleb isn't jake or Seth. Caleb is Caleb!!! He is having a great year he plays his game and he is good at it. Caleb has helped Temple win alot of games. OH by the way Temple is a total team. They proved that Friday night. Ryan recovering from the flu didn't even score, but the rest of the Crusaders stepped up. They had 3 in double figures. They work and play as a team Give them credit. Boyd is good but in the two games with Temple, Temple has been the better team. :)

mnewballer, your comment only proves your ignorance. Ask Jake what he thinks about his brothers talent, or ask his AAU coach, or the college coaches who are already looking at him. He is a pure point guard, with great speed and can handle the ball as well as anyone you will ever see in high school. Just wait and see what he does in the two years ahead.

well as a matter of fact i will go ask his aau coach considering i played on the same chattanooga steam, except it was the 16 year old team, and one time we were waitin for practice and the 15 year olds needed one more person for a scrimmage the dude who was runnin their practice asked me to fill in since he actually knew my name, and I agreed since i was just sittin there anyway, but caleb was having to guard me, and i just tore him up basically, I am not bragging or anything if it seems that way, and I know that I am on the older team than him but this is high school basketball and you have to play older people, but I just tore him up offensively and defensively, and a friend of mine on my school team played against our 15 yr old aau team with his team, and they beat them by 20 and said skogen did nothing but complain, so don't tell me I made a stupid comment until you can back it up with something that you actually know, b/c I know how good people can play that I have played against, but I never said he was a horrible player like you guys are makin it out to seem, I said he was pretty good, just not that great, so get off me.