I just had to post something about Michael Jordan's final All-Star game tonight. He had a dismal start, 0-7, and had only 6 by half-time. But I guess Mariah Carey inspired him, because he finished with 20 pts and almost won the game. It was a tie game and the East had the ball with 24 seconds left in OT. Kidd passed the ball to MJ, who hit an absolutely amazing fade-away jumper to give the East a 2 pt. lead. Of course, then Kobe got fouled on a 3pointer and hit 2 freethrows with a second left and sent it into double OT, in which MJ didn't play and the West won. I was sitting on my couch when Jordan hit the jumper and I literally jumped out of my seat and had to clap for him. It was a classic Jordan moment and I am so glad that I got to see it.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael is truly an inspiration to listen to and watch out on the hardwood. He will always be at the pinnacle of the game, no matter what he is doing. I truly believe that he is the greatest player ever to grace the sport of basketball. There are so many moments that I will remember of Michael after he finally retires. I think the championship in '96 was one of the greatest...the first one after his father died. I remember him grasping the basketball and lying there crying. That was touching. And who could forget the pose he had in '98 against Utah after shoving Byron Russell out of the way. I agree, his shot in OT of the all-star game was phenominal and Jordan-esque. Halftime with Mariah was breath-taking. I will miss Michael when he is gone.

if you can't appreciate MICHAEL JORDAN , why are you even on a basketball board ???????? like him or hate him , he's been huge for the game of basketball , and that's the understatement of the year !! what i appreciate about MICHAEL is that even though he was the most talented , he was also the hardest worker . great work ethic and great example for all young kids .

Michael Jordan once said "I see alot of other players half assin it around in practice and I then realize thats what seperates me from them" He's a hard worker and the best player ever, Hes 40 and can still play with 20 year olds. Maybe he isint the player he once was hes still a factor, to wish that he was gone is crazy.

Theres a lot things kids can learn from MJ

When I was younger I was an Anit-Jordanitte. I thought he was all flash...and just able to jump high. I was heavy into Bird and Magic and still feel they made their team better.

However, winning owns all.

Michael is a winner...always will be a winner and because of that, he is the greatest to ever lace them up. I do feel, however, he didn't have any peers to really challenge him. Magic, Bird, Kareem, The Doctor, Isiah, Nique, Young Jordan, Young Patrick...and a couple others made that mid to late 80s simply amazing.

But bottom line, Jordan was the best. I do feel the officials realized he was the man and he was given the call most of the time...but heck, when one man was shouldering the image of the league, it's easy to see how that pressure would make the officials do that.

And where is the league today?

hehe, sorry about that...hit edit instead of reply. I sincerly apologize. But I can't say I feel the league is anywhere near as exciting to watch today as it was in the late 80s and early 90s. But hey, it's all about opinion.

Posted by thelma:

And where is the league today?

[Edited by TankTalk on 2-10-03 2:50P]