Sterling Marlin gets shafted

VolunteerGeneral

What a stupid rule to black flag Sterling on going beloe the yellow line. Surely Nascar officials can tell when a driver is using the yellow line to pass someone and when they are using it to simply avoid a crash. If he checks up at that point there is no way someone won`t hit him from behind. If he stays his course then the car coming down on him from up top will knock him out. Marlin had a great car yesterday and shouldn`t have been penalized. :(

Agreed. It's a stupid rule anyway.

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:

What a stupid rule to black flag Sterling on going beloe the yellow line. Surely Nascar officials can tell when a driver is using the yellow line to pass someone and when they are using it to simply avoid a crash. If he checks up at that point there is no way someone won`t hit him from behind. If he stays his course then the car coming down on him from up top will knock him out. Marlin had a great car yesterday and shouldn`t have been penalized. :(

Posted by Sequatchie:
.It's a stupid rule anyway.

I think its a good rule Jeff Gordon a few years ago nearly drove a car into the back of someone going into turn 1 and that is what really brought the rule about.

There`s a big difference in someone running out of control and taking risks like trying to pass below the line and what Sterling did yesterday. Sterling was being defensive and trying to drive safe. He clearly had position when the other car came down on top of him. The rule isn`t bad. But it shouldn`t have applied in Sterling`s case yesterday. That was a crappy deal. ^_^

There`s a big difference in someone running out of control and taking risks like trying to pass below the line and what Sterling did yesterday. Sterling was being defensive and trying to drive safe. He clearly had position when the other car came down on top of him. The rule isn`t bad. But it shouldn`t have applied in Sterling`s case yesterday. That was a crappy deal. ^_^

I am not saying I agree with NASCAR and Sterling I am a fan of Sterling but I like the rule maybe they should have a 3 to 5 lap replay policy to check the replay before issuing the black flag! :confused:

[Edited by Sequatchie on 2-17-03 10:48P]

Was that not one of the most boring races ever?

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:

Swamp....I fell asleep before the race was over as well. I woke up and they were interviewing drivers. I was shocked when I saw that Sterling had finished near the back of the pack. I never did hear what happened. I would like to know as well.