Night races

VolunteerGeneral

I`m all for racing as many times as possible on Saturday nights. If the race doesn`t get over then they have all day Sunday to complete it. Most fans can`t stay until Monday to watch a delayed race. Also, it`s a shame that the Daytona 500 was a rain shortened. If it had begun on Saturday night it would have been a complete race. Plus I just like watching night races.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VG you are 100% correct,they should run more nite races.If the 500 is there Super Bowl they should run it on Saturday nite, so they can run all 200 laps.The NFL doesn't play 2.5 quaters and say OK its over.Dale Jr. said it best after the first rain delay(quote) We have spent the last 3 months and alot of money on this 1 race, also been here for 2 weeks to run 200 laps and see who comes out on topof the Daytona 500.Do Not shorten this race!!!

I agree. Stopping the 500 after 109 laps stinks! This is the biggest race of the year, not to mention the first race

after all the off season work. Had there been, say, 30 laps

remaining, maybe so, but 9 laps past half way?

Some won't agree with this, but I believe had "Joe Blow"

been leading at 109, it would not have been canceled. I have heard others on sports talk radio say the same thing.

Whether this is the case or not, the Daytona 500 is too

important to be canceled this short.

:D

I agree, M.Waltrip is a "Joe Blow" driver, but he does work for DEI. He hadn't done squat before then. I have just seen too many questionable finishes for this group, including D E Sr. I have been

following NASCAR since the early 60's,(listening on radio in the early years), and have seen some of

the "sacred cows" get special treatment on occasion.

NASCAR has always changed rules in the middle of the stream.

:(

You guys are right. If I had spent the money for Daytona tickets and paid the race week rates for lodging in DB, I would be totally frustrated to see the show cut in half.

NASCAR is in the enviable position of selling a product in an environment where demand outstrips supply. Until fans protest by closing their wallets, NASCAR management will do as they please. What incentive do they have to change?

[Edited by gobigred on 2-20-03 9:02A]