Science Hill and Greeneville

UNCCJP33

This game was a great one. Science Hill ended up winning in the end and it went right down to the final horn. Malone played great with 31 points and very many rebounds. Atmosphere was like a region game.

One thing did stand out to me though. The immaturity of Greenville's fans. There was a girl on the front row on the Science Hill side waving a sign around toward the Science Hill fans behind her. A male greenville fan ran around the court and snatched the sign, elbowing her in her head in the process. I was close to this when it all happened, but it was not until afterwards that i knew it was a greeneville fan or i would have done something about it.

The great competitive atmosphere was ruined by this idiot. And he undoubtedly will go unpunished because this is the same principal who does not believe in tasteful fans. He allows the student section to use lude and obscene chants. I know there is only so much the guy can do.....but he does nothing.

To coach billy duncan.....the boston celtics came to hal henard gym this time...and won...what's the excuse now?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that this game was overshadowed by some behavior that I really do not agree with, but why was the "mature?" girl that had the sign taken away from her running up and down the sideline in front of some greeneville fans? This was a great contest between 2 teams that really played hard. Let's let the kids play and keep the emotions where they belong. :)

Yes the greeneville student section is a rowdy bunch and prone to colorful language and some really childish pranks.(such as swiping Topper signs from yards in JC) but they are kids and kids do that sort of thing. Not that i approve but well I think we did some pretty silly stuff when we were in high school too. Topper fans did not behave much better themselves after the game and I am not speaking of kids either. I was physically assaulted by a topper fan while removing one of their signs from an elementary school trophy case at the gym. Apparently they forgot they were at a childrens school or maybe they were just regressing and thought it would be cute to deface a case full of 8 year old's trophies. Anyway, after I removed the sign from the case, I was verbally attacked by a "lady" topper fan (term loosly applied) and a rather large man pushed some little old lady into me so hard that I nearly fell. I was rather frightened and am sure that poor old woman was hurting as bad as i was.( I am 50 years old myself). I think it is a shame that people who consider themselves adults should behave in such a manner. I was a truly great game and we should all be proud that we are so well represented on the court. All four teams showed a lot of guts and class. Perhaps the fans on both teams could learn a lesson from them.

[Edited by barb on 2-19-03 9:17A]

Posted by UNCCJP33:

There was a girl on the front row on the Science Hill side waving a sign around toward the Science Hill fans behind her. A male greenville fan ran around the court and snatched the sign, elbowing her in her head in the process.

This is complete BS. He took the sign back and did not even touch her. Don't spout stuff that isn't even true. By the way, he is going punished. He can't go to anymore basketball games & has 3 detentions plus an afterschool.

As far as the signs go, do you actually think we were able to steal close to 60 signs from yards?

Surf4life- Calling people losers? You are the one that is in college still following high school basketball.

[Edited by wsp on 2-20-03 9:46A]

You're right LOSER I do still follow Topper basketball cuz once a TOPPER always a TOPPER. So I guess that makes a bunch of people losers in your eyes then because there are plenty of people on these boards that are fans of schools and they are long out of high school. Like I said Greene Devils are LOSERS...sorry wsp I know you cheer for them.

wsp,

It has become very obvious to me that you are putting your foot in your mouth as you post and then respond to Surf4Life. Now this is coming from a FORMER Dobyns-Bennett Indian, so don't think I am ganging up on you in any way, but is it relevant at all whether or not Surf4Life is still in high school. I am in college but guess what, not only do I still follow high school athletics, I plan on coaching them when out of college. I was unaware of any rules prohibiting former athletes (or even students for that matter) from following their team even though they don't attend school there anymore. Come on man, if you're gonna rail on somebody, at least do it over something that makes sense. Peace

Tribe is right wsp, that was a bad post. maybe you think it is dumb to support your former school but if you were to go to SH or DB, schools that are always powerhouses, then you would not be ashamed to support your team out of high school. and i agree with Surf, once a topper always a topper. im out.

http://www.abaton.de/images/!pix/Big-Lebow...is-down-out.jpg

Well, that's just like your opinion, man.

Actually, the only reason I brought it up was because surfman called Greeneville losers in the first place. Just pointing out the hypocrisy in his post. I was hoping for some better insults, but he failed me. I guess I didn't expect much originality with him being a SH alum though :)

[Edited by wsp on 2-20-03 5:46P]

Guest BBall12

To bad none of these teams would play Elizabethton!!!!

Kingsport, Greenville, and Science Hill!!!!

To bad because all these games would have been good, why not play the best teams around? DONT BE SCEERED!!!!!